Should project slots be permanent?

Prefontaine

Projects and Infra  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should project slots be permanent?

• Yes
    • No (I like it how it is)
  2. 2. Should projects turn off when infra gets destroyed?

• Yes (the details of how/when can be discussed later if this option gets any traction)
    • No (I like it how it is)

Quick explanation - 

You get a project slot for every 5000 infra you have. Lets say between all of your cities you have 30,000 infra, so 6 project slots. Lets say they goto war and lose 20,000 infra and drop to 10,000 total. That means they have 2 project slots. However, the 6 projects they had (if they had 6) are all still there and are active. I don't have a  problem with the way things are, but they could maybe be done a little better which is the point of the thread. If you're fine with how projects current work in regards to infra to support them just vote no for both options.

The benefit to making project slots permanent is that even in war time you could tweak the projects you currently have over time, even when you have no infra left you can still have access to the projects pool at the max you had. Maybe sell your bauxite refinement project to get the propaganda bureau or something.

The "benefit" to making projects turn off with lacking infra is that it helps weaken the strength of a nation with no infra. Not really a benefit obviously to the person losing the infra, but it is to the side inflicting damage.  

If you have any other ideas regarding how infra based project slots should work please post them.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

I like it how it is.  Keeping the projects but loosing the ability to switch them out at will when you loose infra is a good balance.  I like that the current system makes you plan ahead when going into a war.

GnWq7CW.png

On 10/22/2019 at 9:39 AM, Azaghul said:

I like it how it is.  Keeping the projects but loosing the ability to switch them out at will when you loose infra is a good balance.  I like that the current system makes you plan ahead when going into a war.

Agreed, anything else is just a step backwards.

• Alex locked this topic