Bank bug.

Prefontaine

http://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=619&display=banktaxes

I set the alliance tax rate to %100 for 3 collections, the resources were collected, but no money. And nations didn't gain any cash either. So effectively it cost the alliance somewhere in the realm of 100k cash, maybe more. 

scSqPGJ.gif

• Administrators

I believe it was an issue with the db truncated the 100 value to something else. Go ahead and try it again for a turn.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This is happening to us, too, without a 100% tax rate. The bank has actually lost like $50,000 cash in revenue, at least, and idt my nation has collected much, if any, of our revenue. Resources seem to be fine though.

Edited by Hereno

Didn't get one.

Secrets on working to solve a bug eh?

Nah, I'm just not going to post other people's bank information here without their permission. Sheepy is the only one who needs to see it so I forwarded it appropriately.

What I'm wondering is how something like this managed to slip through the Beta. I don't know I didn't have access to any banks until recently, but this is a pretty serious bug. Maybe we should just turn taxation off until Sheepy can figure out where it's going wrong.

Only appears to effect 100% don't think anyone tried that prior. Not a huge error and doesn't warrant shutting it all down IMO.

I thought it was limited to 99% anyways?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Only appears to effect 100% don't think anyone tried that prior. Not a huge error and doesn't warrant shutting it all down IMO.

Except it's not affecting just that rate, and I'm not sure how you could even think that. It's also been affecting our alliance at normal rates and has, among other things, filled the Red Guards treasury up with a ton of cash that appeared out of nowhere.

• Administrators

Except it's not affecting just that rate, and I'm not sure how you could even think that. It's also been affecting our alliance at normal rates and has, among other things, filled the Red Guards treasury up with a ton of cash that appeared out of nowhere.

I responded to your PM about this, money isn't magically appearing in anyone's bank. That money was from previous transactions that were removed when the 5 exploiter nations were removed, and it was my fault for not adjusting their bank balance accordingly (which I've now fixed).

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I've figured out the problem in the math that's causing these bugs. I've given the solution to Sheepy. This thread can be closed. Also if you're running an alliance tax, I recommend setting it to 0 until this bug is fixed. You're losing money.

• Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif