I am Sheepy, Hello and Ask Me Almost Anything

Alex

• Administrators

I'm the only one that actually does any work on the game, as for moderators we're not looking for anyone new currently. Thanks, though :)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If anyone gets a moderator spot it should defiantly be Drew Pickles.... What's the worse that can happen?

NYYwwIB.gif

• Upvote 4

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

I'm the only one that actually does any work on the game, as for moderators we're not looking for anyone new currently. Thanks, though :)

I was joking actually. I can't code for crap, and I abuse power.

sheepy quick question what are some major goals that you have for the game rather it be members who play or goals in the designing of a better coding system for the game which in long run will make the game enjoyable. 

6992.jpg

• Administrators

sheepy quick question what are some major goals that you have for the game rather it be members who play or goals in the designing of a better coding system for the game which in long run will make the game enjoyable.

Some very long term goals?

It would be cool if someday we had some 2,000 active players. Right now were between 600-800 people (stats are at the bottom of the front page).

I also think it would really add to the game is there was an App version that could be downloaded on iTunes Store and Android Store to make playing on mobile a lot easier and also bring in new players that don't necessarily know the website, but download and play the app.

I'd like to set up some sort of "Tournament Edition" of the game like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) has as well someday.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

It would be cool if someday we had some 2,000 active players. Right now were between 600-800 people (stats are at the bottom of the front page).

I also think it would really add to the game is there was an App version that could be downloaded on iTunes Store and Android Store to make playing on mobile a lot easier and also bring in new players that don't necessarily know the website, but download and play the app.

I'd like to set up some sort of "Tournament Edition" of the game like (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) has as well someday.

Sounds awesome I would love to play the Tournament Edition just so we can see how people learn about the war system and apply it to the game it self

• Upvote 2
6992.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this was already asked and I missed it, but why did ME end up dying out, in your eyes? It was an interesting game, for sure, but it's successor in P&W has been far greater! Thanks for the time that you put into it - I look forward to seeing it continue to grow and prosper. :)

• Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

• 1 month later...

Grave digging, cause inquiring minds want to know.

Have you looked into the process of creating said app at all? Is it something you would do yourself, or allow the community to do?

q8nfyvc.gif

Who are you rooting for in the war? What has been your favorite aspect of the war so far?

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

• Administrators

I apologize if this was already asked and I missed it, but why did ME end up dying out, in your eyes? It was an interesting game, for sure, but it's successor in P&W has been far greater! Thanks for the time that you put into it - I look forward to seeing it continue to grow and prosper. :)

Martian Empires didn't work out for a number of reasons.

First, the theme was something that didn't really appeal to anyone. The idea of a nation simulator is something that relates to a lot of people, everyone lives in a country and sees problems and the thought of taking over and doing things your way is appealing. Creating a colony on mars? Not so much.

Second, the game is pretty dull mechanics-wise. I think I did a good job doing the web design aspect, but as for actual gameplay there's not much to do unless you have a big community to thrive off of, which looking back at reason 1, it will never have.

Third, when I created the game I basically just did it all myself. It wasn't like Pixel Nations or Politics & War where I had the forums opened up early and asked for feedback from others. I basically created a game that I thought would be cool, without realizing that other people wouldn't enjoy it. The reason why Pixel Nations had so much going for it back in the day was because I crowd sourced ideas from people who had played the other nation sim games for years and had the best ideas. It's the same reason Politics & War has got so much going for it today.

Martian Empires is just kind of around because I made it and I don't have anything better to do with it, but I probably won't be revisiting it or trying to update it in any way. Politics & War has got 100% of my development time, currently.

Grave digging, cause inquiring minds want to know.

Have you looked into the process of creating said app at all? Is it something you would do yourself, or allow the community to do?

Honestly, I have no idea how to make an app. It's something I'd like to figure out sometime later and do, but if the community wanted to create an app in the sense of just a "mobile" version of the game (basically a glorified internet browser designed for P&W) I'd be all for it. Having apps available will increase the number of people with access to the game and thus the number of players.

Are you a senior?

Yes I am, I'm going into my senior year after this summer.

Who are you rooting for in the war? What has been your favorite aspect of the war so far?

I'm not rooting for anyone, I just love seeing how many wars show up on the conflicts page and seeing everything tested. Things aren't perfect yet, and it's frustrating at times, but it's my goal to get things just right, and tinkering with things can be fun.

Would you rather fight one hundred duck-sized horses, or one horse-sized duck?

I'd fare better against one hundred duck-sized horses, but I'd rather see a horse-sized duck. I'll choose the latter.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Are you planning to commercially exploit this game?

I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind in terms of 'commercially exploit', but the way I see it, I want to create a good, functional game that sustains itself through donations and in-game micro-transactions, as well as creating a small profit, but not in a pay-to-win kind of way.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Does the Sheeples loves me?

I haven't seen you around in quite some time, PiratePaul. Where have you been? (The answer is yes, of course.)

Forums Rules | Game Link

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

What did you use to create your website to be game like i am not good at creating websites can you give me some tips (did you use codding or something like wordpress)

I first started with an idea - I wanted to make a game like Cyber Nations. I googled how to do different things, create web pages, do server side coding, work with a database, and eventually ended up with the end result you see today.

http://php.net is a great source for PHP syntax and command, http://w3schools.com is very helpful for HTML/CSS/PHP (among other things) and there's a plethora of other online resources. I pretty much just read and read and tried things and taught myself.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

What do you do in your free time, besides politics and war, that is?

I play video games, some of my favorites are Starcraft 2, League of Legends, CS:GO, and I'll occassionally play old game cube or N64 titles on my computer. I work part time as a cook, so cooking is something else I do a lot, I also like golfing, swimming, boating, hiking, snowboarding, and I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now.

How many baboons do you think you could take in a fist fight while naked?

Forums Rules | Game Link