Nations with open wars should not be able to delete their account

Hysteria

Topic pretty much.

Far to many times we see people rage quitting and deleting their nations. If they don't care that much then an extra few days wouldn't make much of a difference.

I see two options

1. If you delete your account at war it shouldn't delete until after the wars close.

2. Delete the nations military and allow the aggressor to raid resources.

Edited by Hysteria
  • Upvote 3

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Topic pretty much.

Far to many times we see people rage quitting and deleting their nations. If they don't care that much then an extra few days wouldn't make much of a difference.

This doesn't always work, sometimes they can sometimes they can't and I don't know what the dependent factor of it is.

Edit: To reiterate, I've had people in the past ask me to send peace so they can delete, and some just delete in the middle of my war with them.

Edited by Jesse Custer

Interesting well I had one delete right in the middle of the war. Makes me think he was an inactive account and the handler deleted the account so we couldn't beige and get to their bank.

Edited by Hysteria

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

This doesn't always work, sometimes they can sometimes they can't and I don't know what the dependent factor of it is.

Edit: To reiterate, I've had people in the past ask me to send peace so they can delete, and some just delete in the middle of my war with them.

They may not have understood the mechanics.

Alex, you should change this mechanic somehow. Maybe treat a delete like 6 immense grounds and send monies and alliance bank loot to the people at war with deleting nation?

• Upvote 5

-signature removed for rules violation-

Or...Or...Or...split all of his remaining resources equally between his attackers.

A rage quit is basically a super-surrender. As such, I think you should get super-loot.

In all seriousness though, this is annoying, but not enough to warrant development time imo. There's other changes the game needs more desperately.

Edited by Spooner
  • Upvote 3

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

• Administrators

Previously nations could not delete when they were at war. I got a lot of angry PMs about how they didn't want an account but could not delete because nations kept attacking them. If I recall, I made it so you can't delete while in an offensive war, but you can if you are only involved in defensive wars, to prevent people from being eternally at war and forced to keep an account on this site.

Nations are still automatically deleted at 45 days inactivity regardless of war status as well.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You could lock and scramble a nation after someone confirms the desire to "delete" - but leave the nation open for 5 more days so that wars can be closed out. You could even temporarily hash the nation and leader names probably without too much damage or difficulty. 

Previously nations could not delete when they were at war. I got a lot of angry PMs about how they didn't want an account but could not delete because nations kept attacking them. If I recall, I made it so you can't delete while in an offensive war, but you can if you are only involved in defensive wars, to prevent people from being eternally at war and forced to keep an account on this site.

Nations are still automatically deleted at 45 days inactivity regardless of war status as well.

So if we send you a bunch of angry pms about this we should get the desired result! Break out your typing fingers boys and girls

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Ya 3 days into a war and a nation just up and deletes himself is not a very good thing. All the resources I used are essentially wasted as I now have no way to replenish them through Beiging said nation. It is a shit mechanic to say the least.

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Well congrats your laziness has allowed a group of players to cheat the game. Wouldn't be the first or last time GPA had been caught bending the rules. Unless they got an email reminding them they still had account and they instant deleted. Edited by Hysteria

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

Technically, you could easily appease both sides by doing the following:

When a nation chooses delete, the account goes into vacation mode for 6 days, after which it is deleted like now. Since no new wars could be declared during vacation mode anyway and since wars last 5 days, everyone could end their wars before the nation gets deleted. On the other hand, the person who deleted their account will not be able to log back in, so they won't complain about their account not being deleted. No taking back once chosen, of course.

• Upvote 2
77oKn5K.png

Technically, you could easily appease both sides by doing the following:

When a nation chooses delete, the account goes into vacation mode for 6 days, after which it is deleted like now. Since no new wars could be declared during vacation mode anyway and since wars last 5 days, everyone could end their wars before the nation gets deleted. On the other hand, the person who deleted their account will not be able to log back in, so they won't complain about their account not being deleted. No taking back once chosen, of course.

This is a good way. Actually there are like 100 good ways to go about it. But a change needs to happen.

• Upvote 1

I would be in favor of a deletion counting as a beige - with all the money and bank stuff going with it.

However,

1. War shouldn't be mechanically profitable (I mean war, not a raid), so the argument that you're wasting resources is on par with the neutrals trying to avoid war all together.

2. If someone wants to delete their nation, let them. Part of a losing war is membership loss and if someone wants to quit then they're going to quit - regardless of whether or not they can actually delete at the time they wish to.

tl;dr - let them delete whenever they want, but make it count as a beige please.

• Upvote 1

ALTERNATIVELY - I would be extremely happy if every time an enemy deleted their nation I got a medal/award added to my nation page. I would wear it with pride.

Could even add "forced ragequits" to the leaderboard :3

• Upvote 3

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

ALTERNATIVELY - I would be extremely happy if every time an enemy deleted their nation I got a medal/award added to my nation page. I would wear it with pride.

Could even add "forced ragequits" to the leaderboard :3

Ohhh I like this.

• Upvote 3

MEE TOOOOO

I would be in favor of a deletion counting as a beige - with all the money and bank stuff going with it.

However,

1. War shouldn't be mechanically profitable (I mean war, not a raid), so the argument that you're wasting resources is on par with the neutrals trying to avoid war all together.

2. If someone wants to delete their nation, let them. Part of a losing war is membership loss and if someone wants to quit then they're going to quit - regardless of whether or not they can actually delete at the time they wish to.

tl;dr - let them delete whenever they want, but make it count as a beige please.

I am also not saying it has to be profitable. But to receive nothing is a crying shame.

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio