Vacation Mode, no matching nation, and IC forums

Foltest

• Administrators

If you find a forum account that does not have a matching nation, report it and it will be masked as "No Matching Nation" and restricted to the Ban Appeals subforum.

As for vacation mode, I do not think it is necessary to removing posting restrictions for temporary absences.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you find a forum account that does not have a matching nation, report it and it will be masked as "No Matching Nation" and restricted to the Ban Appeals subforum.

As for vacation mode, I do not think it is necessary to removing posting restrictions for temporary absences.

I acutally agree with the folks on this one, that might also lessen the miss use alitte, cause alot of the ones abusing VM are on the forums posting everyday. 

• Upvote 1

Ole2.png

• Administrators

It's a lot of work if the mods have to change the forum permissions of players potentially every 2 weeks. We're trying to avoid that kind of hassle and focus on making sure people follow the rules.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

It's a lot of work if the mods have to change the forum permissions of players potentially every 2 weeks. We're trying to avoid that kind of hassle and focus on making sure people follow the rules.

Bring in more mods. Or get your current ones to step up a little.

q8nfyvc.gif

• Administrators

Bring in more mods. Or get your current ones to step up a little.

I think it's just petty to prevent other players who are in vacation mode from participating in forum discussion. If someone is gone for, say, 5 days, and they have to put their nation in vacation mode the 14 day minimum, why shouldn't we allow them to participate for the remaining 9 days when they're back? Just because you can't attack them? I think the simpler solution is just to have thicker skin, and not let people get to you.

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think it's just petty to prevent other players who are in vacation mode from participating in forum discussion. If someone is gone for, say, 5 days, and they have to put their nation in vacation mode the 14 day minimum, why shouldn't we allow them to participate for the remaining 9 days when they're back? Just because you can't attack them? I think the simpler solution is just to have thicker skin, and not let people get to you.

You told people to report issues of people abusing the vacation mode system. They do, and you repeatedly tell them there's no reason to punish these individuals...doesn't make much sense...

• Upvote 1

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

• Administrators

You told people to report issues of people abusing the vacation mode system. They do, and you repeatedly tell them there's no reason to punish these individuals...doesn't make much sense...

When did I tell anyone to report people "abusing" the vacation mode system? It can't be "abused." Not in the sense that anything you do is rulebreaking. It's not against the rules to go on a vacation, and I'm not going to personally fly down to Mexico or wherever to verify that people are actually on vacation.

Forums Rules | Game Link

What if they put their nation for over a year and never stop posting?

The majority of the game hates this Sheepy, and you choose to ignore us, time and time again. You always go with the small minority and piss people off. We don't mind "Vacation Mode" we hate people abusing Vacation Mode.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

• Administrators

What if they put their nation for over a year and never stop posting?

The majority of the game hates this Sheepy, and you choose to ignore us, time and time again. You always go with the small minority and piss people off. We don't mind "Vacation Mode" we hate people abusing Vacation Mode.

I don't believe in majority rule. You know what majority rule is? Three wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. I will enforce the rules fairly, and not let a majority of people drive others out of the game because they don't like them.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Reminder that democracy is mob rule and that minorities should control everything

This isn't a democracy, this is benevolent dictatorship :P

• Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

I have a question, For example summer starts and I take a 2 week vacation mode, Can I still use the forums for my RP Nation or must I wait 14 days before I can post?

You can still post on the forums.

• Upvote 1

PoJQyFJ.gif

• Administrators

I have a question, For example summer starts and I take a 2 week vacation mode, Can I still use the forums for my RP Nation or must I wait 14 days before I can post?

As Riza Hawkeye stated, you can absolutely post. The only restrictions on your forum account are that if you do not have a nation, you are not allowed to post, and if you break the rules you'll be warned and restrictions can be applied. However, there is no restriction or limit based on being in vacation mode.

Forums Rules | Game Link

As Riza Hawkeye stated, you can absolutely post. The only restrictions on your forum account are that if you do not have a nation, you are not allowed to post, and if you break the rules you'll be warned and restrictions can be applied. However, there is no restriction or limit based on being in vacation mode.

Oh okay I understand now thank you:)

• Upvote 1