Taxation on Trade Market

Stormrideron

I have a proposal policy. Ranked #1 Alliance gets to put taxation on the trade market as they are the one who has the most power and influential. Think of U.S.A that controls almost the global market. So suppose that I am in number #1 alliance and I decide to impose 25% taxation on the trade markets. Any trades that geta accepted, 25% of it goes directly into my alliance bank. The only members who are free are the members inside that alliance due to them being domestic.

The max taxation rate should be 33% and it would be nice to have some corrupted alliances to give alliances valid CB to free the marketing. Plus it will constrain the marketing from the foreigners. It also will promote negotiation opthat all can agree to let say, tax free for a week or a month, or whatever. Something interesting and gives an incentive to stay in ranked #1 alliance instead of trying avoiding it like the death of blue beam.

• Upvote 1

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

i'm pretty sure an alliance that charged the rest of the game a 33% tax on every trade would find itself the target of a coalition pretty quickly, especially with nothing else to fight over since everyone is too worried about *gasp* doing something wrong to actually be real about anything

it wouldn't ever get used and we would all sit around and talk about how wonderful the top alliance is for being so awesome as to not tax us

How about instead of that, the #1 alliance just demands a tax be paid on all trades, or something to that effect, and if other nations and alliances don't pay the tax, the #1 alliance can beat them up or embargo them or whatever.

Your suggestion sounds incredibly overpowered, in my personal opinion, and also wholly unfair to pretty much everyone else that is going to see a 33% increase in prices (because why wouldn't they just automatically charge the maximum?)

Love your response Sheeps

Already suggested it before in my spheres suggestion, only that one applies to all of the top 10 and not just the top 1. 

The sphere suggestion was a much better one. Tariffs if introduced should be on an AA or sphere basis. The #1 AA getting a huge income boost is totally out of wack.

It's funny that none of you guys have figured out why Stormrideron made this suggestion. He's making it because GPA just became 1# score alliance and he wants more ammunition for his crusade against the GPA (check out his recent posts on the forum for evidence).

• Upvote 1

Yes, but your spheres suggestion was written in an alien language.

Nothing alien about it. I tried to put down as much information as possible and gave examples to make it easier to understand the concept. A concept like that you can't be summing up in a couple of words, you got to go beyond that.

The sphere suggestion was a much better one. Tariffs if introduced should be on an AA or sphere basis. The #1 AA getting a huge income boost is totally out of wack.

How about instead of that, the #1 alliance just demands a tax be paid on all trades, or something to that effect, and if other nations and alliances don't pay the tax, the #1 alliance can beat them up or embargo them or whatever.

Your suggestion sounds incredibly overpowered, in my personal opinion, and also wholly unfair to pretty much everyone else that is going to see a 33% increase in prices (because why wouldn't they just automatically charge the maximum?)

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6824-spherestrading-idea/

Linked my thread in case people want to revisit it. 

It's funny that none of you guys have figured out why Stormrideron made this suggestion. He's making it because GPA just became 1# score alliance and he wants more ammunition for his crusade against the GPA (check out his recent posts on the forum for evidence).

it's not that we're not aware, it's that it doesn't matter. the suggestion regardless of the intent behind it should be judged based on its own merits.

• Upvote 1

I have a proposal policy. Ranked #1 Alliance gets to put taxation on the trade market as they are the one who has the most power and influential. Think of U.S.A that controls almost the global market. 

Japan, Germany and Korea must have missed the memo.  Certainly the Panamanians did.

How about this: Tax all international trade by 3%, and give that 3% to the number 30 alliance. This way, alliances will grow, making the top ten more diverse and often-changing, to make it more interesting.

This is very small

How about alliances gain the ability to impose tariffs on trades that are made between their members and those not in the alliance?

It encourages inter-alliance trade that would avoid those tariffs, and should make the alliance a good chunk of money if they're big enough, and it's more or less self regulating on size -> influence because bigger alliances with more production obviously have quite a bit more to gain from such a thing. If the tariffs were too high and nobody wanted to pay them, then nobody would trade with that alliance.

Also, it has the possibility to make market sharing more relevant - if you allowed shared markets to be excluded from tariffs, then you could potentially gain some good economic benefits among you and your sphere by setting up those shares.

Just my take :)