The Sig Movement [Peaceful and Nonviolent Protest]

Stormrideron

Sheepy is truly the evil that runs orbis and must be stopped at all costs.

Come comrades, let us seize the memes of production! Until all have signatures, none shall have signatures!

/s

b809254eb71bff2acdd6c8944ad440336d81f98d

No, Dio is the evil of orbis.

The mods will change the signature FOR me

You were correct in that statement. 

Before this gets out of hand, I would like to advise the community that although this is a "fun" issue for most of you and most of you posting are "playing around" there are some of you - like the above quoted user - who have stepped over the edge of what is "fun" and turned the situation into a serious matter resulting in moderator action.

Bottom line: If your sig does not meet the proper standards set on these forums you will receive a message notifying you of that. I can assure you that us moderators do not go around looking for signature violations, those violations we receive are usually submitted by other users. Enough is enough.

• Upvote 5

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

It's worth noting that especially objectionable or offensive sigs/posts can prevent members from accessing the forums without real life consequences. If that's your idea of "open discussion" in a game forum, then I suppose you're welcome to only hearing from those who enjoy that form of "open discussion". Growing a community does not happen if you're constantly pushing people away.

• Upvote 6

It's worth noting that especially objectionable or offensive sigs/posts can prevent members from accessing the forums without real life consequences. If that's your idea of "open discussion" in a game forum, then I suppose you're welcome to only hearing from those who enjoy that form of "open discussion". Growing a community does not happen if you're constantly pushing people away.

^This! If I had more than one like to give here I would just to highlight the point that you are making. 

Edited by Lannan13

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

Thank God we have mods who can save us from this mike!

7 lines of text are undoubtedly forum destroying!

Obviously not the sigs I was talking about. The line limit is a different issue with a different reason. Nice attempt to bury my point with an irrelevant aside, though. ;)

What, ummm, was your point?

That sigs with bolded racial slurs cause problems for people logging into the forums from public spaces. The most recent example was removed this morning. It was actually a Rose member who had the sig, not a Mensa member.

Edited by Mike Haggar
  • Upvote 2

Cool. Did I say anything about MENSA? But fine.

Anyway, my drama is that Thor and crew know that they can apply discretion -he himself mentioned it on irc. However, either they don't use discretion or they are really bad at it...or they are actually biased.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Anyway, my drama is that Thor and crew know that they can apply discretion -he himself mentioned it on irc. However, either they don't use discretion or they are really bad at it...or they are actually biased.

Verbal warnings indicate discretion in my opinion. They aren't public, and they have no impact on a player's standing on Orbis. If you disagree with one, there's a process for it, which many people are using right now. Post it in moderation support for discussion. Sheepy reads posts in moderation support, so you'll be heard. It's an open-discussion forum, so your supporters can comment.

My drama is that I hear a lot of bellyaching, but don't ever see the actual warnings people are getting. It's impossible for me to judge the fairness of anything when I don't have the specific signs of bias that you are referring to. It's easy for anyone to say "They bias me OMG so unfair bad mod :(" and they will say that for a variety of reasons (only a few of which actually involve real bias on the mod's part). That's not even saying the complainers have ill intentions; they could be making judgements based on limited data (reports of warns against their own alliance without the reports against other alliances).

It's important to discuss disagreements about mod rulings, but only in the appropriate subforum and only if the decisions of the mod team and Sheepy are respected. Discussing the same policy a dozen times because you disagree with it only annoys everyone involved. Even real world lawyers won't recommend taking a case similar to one already ruled on to the U.S. Supreme Court unless the composition of the court changes.

• Upvote 3

I am not referring to anything. I gave a list of three possibilities.

And I've given some additional possibilities for all of the hubbub. So at the end, we have but are not limited to:

-Mod bias*

-Mod inexperience*

-Mod indiscretion*

-Active mod action against in-game enemies*

-Mods being completely random because they are actually random number generators*

-Misjudgement of complainers because they don't see all warns

-Desire for drama on part of complainers or mods*

-Desire to be seen as "edgy" and "cool" by all those damn hipster kids

-Spammers spamming to spam spam spamming spam

-Propaganda campaign against alliances perceived as mod-heavy

-Constant complaints to push for policy change (specifically, mod identity revelation)

-Propaganda campaign to inspire sympathy for complainers

-Campaign for one of the complainers to be installed as a mod

-Desire to defame the game itself (to take players into another game)

As you can see, only the starred reasons would be an actual problem with moderation. Some of those problems (like inexperience) will be handled through the appeals process. Others will be handled by the mod team and Sheepy, or are reasons for you to not even play the game, if you can't trust the admin to run the forum. Given that Sheepy himself has signed off on the authority of the mods, I require more proof than hearsay for any issues with the mods.

Edited by Mike Haggar