Jon Snow

A United Earth  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How should the planet be ruled?

• Keep state sovereignty
    • Regional Powers (EU for example)
    • A Loose Confederacy under a single banner
    • Single Entity, Single Rule

why there is life on Earth, et cetera)..

Nothing has really given a good, solid explanation for the reason of life on Earth. The two closest just so happen to be religion and evolution. Though neither can fully explain it.

• Upvote 1

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Nothing has really given a good, solid explanation for the reason of life on Earth. The two closest just so happen to be religion and evolution. Though neither can fully explain it.

Implying that religion and evolution come equally or even comparatively close in validity or depth of explanation.

Not saying that they do. Just that they are the closest to explaining it.

Both have major flaws in them (sky wizard and missing links) and both do explain some things.
I prefer to look at both (not really in depth, not enough patience) before I make the conclusion that one is wrong.

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Not saying that they do. Just that they are the closest to explaining it.

Both have major flaws in them (sky wizard and missing links) and both do explain some things.

I prefer to look at both (not really in depth, not enough patience) before I make the conclusion that one is wrong.

Yes you are; no they don't.

It is obvious that you do not intend to look in depth.

I don't see how you can tell me what it is that I am trying to tell others. You are mistaken. I am simply trying to say that nothing comes as close to explaining the reason for life as religion and evolution do. If you interpret that in a different way than I am saying it, that is your decision, not mine. Both have flaws and both explain something that the other cannot.

You are right, I do not intend to look in depth. Anything that you use on the internet will be biased. It is human nature to try to spin a story to match your own beliefs. That is not the only reason I choose not to look in depth. I see no reason to look in depth when someone is just going to tell me that I am wrong, when it is my opinon.

• Upvote 1

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

• 1 month later...

if world peace was possible then we would all be romans.

• Upvote 1

i'm a writer not a fighter.

à¸à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡à¹‡Ê•â€¢Í¡á´¥â€¢Ê” à¸à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰à¹‰ (that is supposed to look like a cute polar bear)

"you know what judge they say justice is blind i sure hope it ain't deaf." keeping the faith. Billy Joel

We'll enter into a major war, and by that I mean THE WAR. We won't have total global destruction like what 20th century made us believe. There will be use of atomic and small time nukes. As a generation that actually realizes that we have to work together, comes of age, we'll see that generation play an important role in that war. It will eventually turn into those who wanna play nice and those who don't. Those who don't wanna play nice will be judged. Our world would go into a shock of sorts and all would be quiet as everyone realizes that life will keep going on. During this war, religion will have evolved and sort of devolved back into the original basic Morals. Maybe even similar to the noahtic laws, common sense would rule mostly because those who didn't play nice would no longer be involved with humanity any longer. Each religion may still exist but will realize that they are all needed in the grand pattern of things and will actually come together to realize they are just different versions of the same thing, through this new found belief system, which won't even resemble any religious organization that we have ever seen. The religious institutions will have all been destroyed in the war and no more buildings from those religions will be constructed ever again. One unit, most likely a couple man and woman, will come to rule the world. It wouldn't require much seeing as the vast majority if not all will be pretty passive folks. We must make sure to keep teaching defense, martial arts. Humanity can't get completely passive but must stay ready to defend against evil again. The world will sort of become zealots of this new faith of community and will focus all of it's powers towards space travel and other dimensions. My bet is on the dimensions turning out to be the most successful and will lead humanity through who knows where. Everyone would essentially be immortal due to medical science. You could die if you wanted, you could have children but the population would sort of level out as everyone started to live forever. Essentially no one will need weapons to defend themselves from fellow "humans". We would eventually all be very similar and the goal would be to bring life to fill the universe and then who knows. This would all have to happen while the judaeicchristomuslim faiths still exist. A King/queen would have to arise for that generation to fall behind. I think it could be done, humanity has come close several times, who's to say it won't when the dice are rolled again.

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders."

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

We'll enter into a major war, and by that I mean THE WAR.

Essentially no one will need weapons to defend themselves from fellow "humans". 

I'm ready. 

Only once I'm dead, as well as most of Texas. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Man, I live in Kentucky, where we can actually open carry guns. Did you know that? In Texas it is illegal to open carry any type of handgun and it was an extremely hard fight for Texas to get concealed carry. I support open carry and concealed although personally open carry is my preference. Now, Kentucky is the most armed state in the US, we have more barrels of bourbon than people and we have more weapons than we do barrels of bourbon lol Also, Kentucky does have the most guns of the states when counted as "armed", they weren't just considering guns as weapons. And the guns only made up like 60% of the numbers. But off topic, so back to topic :)

Open carrying a weapon will come back in style for a short period(50-100 yrs maybe if we really stretch it) but then once every child has been schooled in how to defend themselves, no longer would carrying a weapon be necessary. You would expect that everyone is a lethal weapon. Because it is taught in school. Use Tai Chi for example, really beneficial but a very passive art being "soft" at the same time it is one of the most lethal arts and trains in a broad spectrum of weaponry.

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

Man, I live in Kentucky, where we can actually open carry guns. Did you know that? In Texas it is illegal to open carry any type of handgun and it was an extremely hard fight for Texas to get concealed carry. I support open carry and concealed although personally open carry is my preference. Now, Kentucky is the most armed state in the US, we have more barrels of bourbon than people and we have more weapons than we do barrels of bourbon lol Also, Kentucky does have the most guns of the states when counted as "armed", they weren't just considering guns as weapons. And the guns only made up like 60% of the numbers. But off topic, so back to topic :)

Open carrying a weapon will come back in style for a short period(50-100 yrs maybe if we really stretch it) but then once every child has been schooled in how to defend themselves, no longer would carrying a weapon be necessary. You would expect that everyone is a lethal weapon. Because it is taught in school. Use Tai Chi for example, really beneficial but a very passive art being "soft" at the same time it is one of the most lethal arts and trains in a broad spectrum of weaponry.

We have Alex Jones. Also cartels who are opposed to a united earth, as they would lose their jobs. ;)

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I really think that it'll start with several nation states who have their own sovereignty then into a coalition under a flag and once they've overcome then onto a "unity" under a "monarchy"

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

I think the most efficient way would be 9 governments. North America, South America, Europe, North Asian, Sand Asia, East Asia, Africa, and Australia.

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think the most efficient way would be 9 governments. North America, South America, Europe, North Asian, Sand Asia, East Asia, Africa, and Australia.

Same, regionalism with national sovereignty guaranteed is the only non-utopian solution to the realist problem. Still the EU's success story is outweighed by its resistance to executive reform so I have no idea how viable it is for more politically volatile regions.

Ikol, Proud member of Terminus Est.

Moderator of http://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticsandWar/

If the earth will be united then the Anti Christ will be on earth and will not be a good idea 7 years of peace and of war and all that could not buy or sell with out the number 666 on there hand or forehead which is not a good thing

6992.jpg

If earth is.going to unite, it better pick up the pace.

According to the US government, climate change is now Americas biggest threat.to national security:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/06/politics/white-house-climate-energy/

I live in the northwest, and according to what this report claims, I have to agree.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/06/us/climate-change-by-region/index.html?c=&page=1

Throughout my years of existing, I've personally noticed changes in my local climate that go hand in hand with this. Winters are dryer and summers are longer. Animal die offs due to the climate also seem to more frequent in modern times.

Unfortunately, its difficult to have hope in humanity when it comes to this issue. Because of the fact this process isnt instantly noticeable to most people, even those who accept it seem to have a hard time actually addressing it.

I personally don't think a united world is possible in the foreseeable future. So its hard to speculate on which is best. But I voted for an economic union.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--