c'mon guys

PresidentRiley

Please follow the rules, I don't want to loose the debate forum... Don't question them they're not unfair

Not naming any names or anything but uhm you know who you are

It was not me who put those horrible pictures, or that horrible signature.

I think this problem would be fixed if we had multiple mods and player nominated mods

yea...no...

moderating is not a democracy. you don't get to elect your friends and give them the power over a forum/game just because you don't like structure. Keep the shit on your own forums

• Upvote 1

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

I think lambda would make a good mod

Funny that because I was thinking she might be a good candidate, certainly is active enough to just to justify it and would be nice to balence things out. Still all that is at the discretion of Sheepy.

Ikol, Proud member of Terminus Est.

Moderator of http://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticsandWar/

How about you just follow the rules? If the rules are followed, then there are no problems.

Player nominated mods are a bad idea. Alliances with a large amount of nations, bloc for example, could nominate one of their friends to be mods, then the mod could go on a rampage and ban everyone who has something negative to say about a bloc member/the alliance in general. Then Sheepy would have to sift through the rubble and fix everything.

• Upvote 2

"To say that nothing is true is to realise that the foundations of society are fragile and that we must the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted is to understand that we are the architects of our actions and that we must live with our consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

How about you just follow the rules? If the rules are followed, then there are no problems.

Player nominated mods are a bad idea. Alliances with a large amount of nations, bloc for example, could nominate one of their friends to be mods, then the mod could go on a rampage and ban everyone who has something negative to say about a bloc member/the alliance in general. Then Sheepy would have to sift through the rubble and fix everything.

Hmmmmm...

For some reason that hypothetical incident seems incredibly familiar in my recent memory. 

6IQgdRI.gif

I said nominations not elections buddy. If anything, I think lambda would make a good mod

Funny that because I was thinking she might be a good candidate, certainly is active enough to just to justify it and would be nice to balence things out. Still all that is at the discretion of Sheepy.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but this is a terrible idea.

In any case, I have too many warnings to be considered the kind of "model citizen" you want a moderator to be.

There is no order and no meaning,

there is only the truth of The Signal.

The Signal ever transmits from here

to the eyes and ears of the 'verse.

Can't Stop The Signal.

But the problem is not everybody want to follow the rule. If we had a strict mod everybody would just call him "tyrant" get him replaced.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

But the problem is not everybody want to follow the rule. If we had a strict mod everybody would just call him "tyrant" get him replaced.

What's wrong with that? If the majority of the player base disagrees with a mod and declares him over zealous then the only logical thing to do is replace him because a game is supposed to be fun to the majority.

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Also, Drew, you're running on a double standard here: you campaigned to have Unkajo removed, and now you want the same rules when he was there. 

I think he was just frustrated that things got even more regressive after they made it clear that as a community these rules are bad.

• Upvote 2

I can assure you, I'm over two decades old.

Just goes to show that it's not only teenagers who have kneejerk reactions to shut down discussion of what they consider offensive.

Can't Stop The Signal.

I don't want player nominated mods, but a mod at least 18 years old would be awesome.

Because 18 year olds can be a little insane, we need a level headed 19 year old at least

*nominates self*

But seriously though, Ukanjo wasn't a bad mod but because a few people are anarchists things went bad fast. Unfortunately a few bad apples spoils the bunch.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Because 18 year olds can be a little insane.

I am 18, and I am sure some people can testify that I was a sane mod. Honestly its all comes down to attitude (aka not just locking/banning things that make you uncomfortable) and experience to make a good mod, its a tough job that's for sure but I doubt age has a big impact on it. 

Because 18 year olds can be a little insane, we need a level headed 19 year old at least

*nominates self*

But seriously though, Ukanjo wasn't a bad mod but because a few people are anarchists things went bad fast. Unfortunately a few bad apples spoils the bunch.

As an anarchist: !@#$ you.

• Upvote 1

But seriously though, Ukanjo wasn't a bad mod

Yeah, no.

He was disliked because he overzealously enforced his (selective) interpretation of the rules, silenced debate on the matter with locks and warns, often refused to respond to requests for clarification and frequently acted like an arrogant buffoon on the IRC channel.

Even one of the Moderation staff agreed that he had to go. Unkajo was only in it for the power of being Head Mod - and his departure from the Moderation team entirely soon after his departure from that position more or less confirms it.

• Upvote 2

Can't Stop The Signal.

Listen, I think "good" mods are a nonexistent entity. Everyone has a different standard for moderation and each mod enforces rules differently. I am sure that you do limited moderation on your AA's forums(as I did) and you probably were pretty laid back about it. But Laissez-faire moderation is only good for alliance forums, not the P&W forums. And as a mod, sometimes you have to censor something even if it is not listed as a rule (Seriously, who the hell posts an actual .torrent link?) If you don't like the moderation policies then you have a choice to not use the forums, simple as that.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Listen, I think "good" mods are a nonexistent entity. Everyone has a different standard for moderation and each mod enforces rules differently. I am sure that you do limited moderation on your AA's forums(as I did) and you probably were pretty laid back about it. But Laissez-faire moderation is only good for alliance forums, not the P&W forums. And as a mod, sometimes you have to censor something even if it is not listed as a rule (Seriously, who the hell posts an actual .torrent link?) If you don't like the moderation policies then you have a choice to not use the forums, simple as that.

I disagree with that. Why, just this very moment I remembered not one but two games in which the moderation was and is very relaxed and for it the community blossomed. 

6IQgdRI.gif