From the makers who brought you full communism

Crust

Somewhat yes, but, I believe (according to the communist manifesto anyways) they had committees of some sort? 

In theory, Communism is when all members of a certain society are all equal, and therefore lack individualism, heirarchy or leadership, so no. In practice, however, it become totalitarian and equality was initiated on the masses, while the ruling, singular political party had a monarchy-like lifestyle, were adored by everybody and were seen as "beloved leaders" (North Korea, for example). In Theory, Communism could be great and rightful. In practice, it was nasty and unrightful.

9anTOCI.jpg?3

Somewhat yes, but, I believe (according to the communist manifesto anyways) they had committees of some sort? 

Marx (at least in the communist manifesto) meant that the proletariat were to lead the state, but once full communism was fulfilled it would form in to an anarchism of a sort. He doesn't go in on it that much.

Edit: Might add that the idea comes from communes, where the inhabitants decide on things together in a true democratic and anarchistic way, but in this case in a much larger setting. That's communism in it's clearest description.

Edited by Satisfriend
  • Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Communism can and does work very well in a small system, it's just getting it to work on a larger scale that has proved the difficult part. But, that's a criticism of communism that I don't like. "It doesn't work." Well, I hate to break it to you, but capitalism doesn't work either. It has been directly responsible for countless wars and deaths, as well as being involved in almost every time of oppression in human history.

• Upvote 5

- Saopha Legatus Calas Vaduum, Lord General Big Shots of Charming Friends

We are the c h a̼̻Í̖͇ r m i̇͡ n g f r i e n d s and we are t͙̙̹͎̻͓̭͢͜͢h̢̘͕̪̹͓̟͉̰̀̕Ì̯͎̫͈̬͓eÌ¡ÍžÌ™Ì¬Í‰Ì²ÌœÍ Í҉̥̖̮̠͇͔̙͓͠c̀͜͢Í̟͖̳̠̕r̲͚͖̩͜͞͞ự̡̲̳̖̀̕͠ÌÍ̞̠̪͙Í̤̠e̢̡̜̗̬̩̭͇̟͉̱̜l̛͟Í͎͔̲̫͇̜̙͚eÍÍ̟̱̭͎͎̖̗͚͚̦̼̕sÍœÍ̵̡͕̙̬̹͈̺̯̣̱̱̗̩̼͟Ì̯̺͈t̀͠͞͞Ì̜̫̩̟̙͔ ̡̛҉̙̘̼͚̙̀͟ÍÍ͓̱̲͓̻̗oÍ̸Í̸͔̤̼̩̳͎͔͈͢f̶̴̢̬̺͔̮̱̫͓̘͟ ̢͉̞̪̦̣̼͓͞Í̫̻̹͖͉̮͇͙ͅf͘̕ÍÍ¢Í͕̻̱Ì̞̫͖̹̫͔̳oÍ̴̘̣̟̪̞̱͙̣̭̞̭̥̘͕͜ÌeÍ̢̯̪̙̪͜͜͞s̸͟Í͙̲̣̜̲̞̜͇̲̤̮̗͔͇͈̺̯

Qc9CHg7.png

Communism can and does work very well in a small system, it's just getting it to work on a larger scale that has proved the difficult part. But, that's a criticism of communism that I don't like. "It doesn't work." Well, I hate to break it to you, but capitalism doesn't work either. It has been directly responsible for countless wars and deaths, as well as being involved in almost every time of oppression in human history.

If you consider "wars" as a factor of success, I guess you're right.

However, why is the general well being and economic health more prevalent in capitalistic nations?

• Downvote 1

If you consider "wars" as a factor of success, I guess you're right.

However, why is the general well being and economic health more prevalent in capitalistic nations?

Maybe because they have used the gunpowder not for fireworks but to conquer other nations. The plundering of other nations has been very profitable and to enslave others is profitable too for the slave holders.

It works the same in P&W. Best way to improve all nations would be when we do not invest in armies and stay peaceful (An exception could be to make a few nations raiders of nations that stopped playing). The problem is not all will do this and you will get plundered without an army.

Also improving the little nations would help growing the total population and income the best, however being selfish is stronger I think. ;)

Edited by Niemand
  • Upvote 1

tvPWtuA.gif

If there ever was an actual, fully functioning Capitalist Society in history, let me know.

Just like True Communism, True Capitalism has never existed. Both are ideological theories, used as base models but both have never been executed to their fullest extent.

• Upvote 1

If there ever was an actual, fully functioning Capitalist Society in history, let me know.

Just like True Communism, True Capitalism has never existed. Both are ideological theories, used as base models but both have never been executed to their fullest extent.

Mixed market ftw

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

Even on a purely ideological basis it seems to me to be better to just go with communist over capitalism. Even on a purely selfish basis it's safer and better to prefer a society where everyone helps each other as much as they can. If you compare the chance of doing better of compared to the risk of doing shit because of circumstances you have no control over (the body and abilities you're born with, the diseases you risk getting during your life, the consequences that you're faced with during your older years, the family you're born in to etc) it's just not worth living in a world where everyone fends for themselves.

Say you're in to an ancap society that views children as the property of their parents. If they use you as a slave and you don't have the ability to escape due to a disability or what not, you're &#33;@#&#036;ed and there's no one who'd have the right or might not even be willing to help set you free nor fight for your rights, since that would breech the NAP and violate your parents right to do what they want with their property. There's no community to help you and there's no understanding of positive rights in place.

Not only that but if you were to become free and be seen as an individual, with your own property and rights, you still run the risk of losing everything which can be fatal. There's no community in place to help you and no one would feel a need to do so since there's only an understanding of negative rights.

• Upvote 2

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg