A question on building alliances:

Basillides

As a new player who needs to manage my alliance for a school project, I have a question about alliances. Is it better to try and send as many recruitment messages as possible, but not be able to give newly joining nations full help and funding from my alliance, or should I work with my members and help them reach a score quota before recruiting new members?  :huh: 

• Upvote 2

That is not dead that can eternal lie -- and with strange eons, even death may die.

I would personally focus on growing your members and strengthening your community as best you can before focusing too much on mass recruiting, but why not both?. Quality > Quantity. If can get difficult trying to manage a whole lot of members, especially if you can't help them.

Also, try to keep your community active and talking to each other. If your members start going inactive, leaving, or if your community is simply dead, then you know your alliance is in bad shape. Just remember that an alliance is a community, not an epeen measuring tool. It can be the biggest alliance in the game, but if the community isn't organized and unified then it's worthless. 

I've ran alliances in other games and they can be built up with members pretty fast, but if they're just numbers and there's no community, it falls apart just as fast.

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I would personally focus on growing your members and strengthening your community as best you can before focusing too much on mass recruiting, but why not both?. Quality > Quantity. If can get difficult trying to manage a whole lot of members, especially if you can't help them.

Also, try to keep your community active and talking to each other. If your members start going inactive, leaving, or if your community is simply dead, then you know your alliance is in bad shape. Just remember that an alliance is a community, not an epeen measuring tool. It can be the biggest alliance in the game, but if the community isn't organized and unified then it's worthless. 

I've ran alliances in other games and they can be built up with members pretty fast, but if they're just numbers and there's no community, it falls apart just as fast.

Thank you for advice  ^_^ 

That is not dead that can eternal lie -- and with strange eons, even death may die.

And also get a protector...or you will be raided to death.

Yes indeed. Possibly by your friendly neighborhood pirates. :P

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

And also get a protector...or you will be raided to death.

I have worked with hiring Arrgh previously, and I have an ODOAP with The Chola, who are 45th(Last time I checked). They are superbly reliable, but should I continue looking for more protection?

How might one go about setting up a treaty with Arrgh? 

Talk to Ogaden:

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=10662

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I have worked with hiring Arrgh previously, and I have an ODOAP with The Chola, who are 45th(Last time I checked). They are superbly reliable, but should I continue looking for more protection?

The Chola in my latest raid, have proven to not only care about their people, but are also quite reasonable. Reliable protection if you ask me. I have no doubt they'll protect you, but they themselves aren't exactly a large alliance. 

Overall, I wouldn't complicate things too much by getting a second protector. If you do, I suggest making sure they are in the same sphere of influence as your other protector. Nothing sucks quite like 2 allies fighting each other. 

• Upvote 3

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

As a new player who needs to manage my alliance for a school project, I have a question about alliances. Is it better to try and send as many recruitment messages as possible, but not be able to give newly joining nations full help and funding from my alliance, or should I work with my members and help them reach a score quota before recruiting new members?  :huh: 

For funding, you can come to our forum. We have our central bank, we recently signed an agreement with Hubotz so he will be setting up his own bank there. My advise is, initially put efforts to grow your alliance members after which you can start recruitment with around 20-30% income/resource tax. If you need further clarity, PM me in game.

How might one go about setting up a treaty with Arrgh? 

You should contact Jacob Hanson (link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=10799),he is the one dealing with mercenary protection contracts.

With regards to protection, we will protect your alliance with all our efforts, but we are not exactly strong enough right now. We, ourselves are under the protection of The Syndicate and Arrgh!. So, its always better to approach another alliance for additional protection. I would recommend Arrgh protection based on your score range.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

How does one create a Alliance, I have had no luck finding out how?

I am a beige nation

Hi Bilingo,

You should have the option to create an alliance on your left hand sidebar under the Nation heading. Near the bottom it should say "Create Alliance"

I would highly recommend joining an existing alliance first, though, and getting more of a feel for how alliances work before breaking off and creating your own. Ultimately, however, it's up to you.

Good luck!

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link