Cities won't power up

Clarke

What were you doing (or trying to do): Trying to power my cities

What happened (describe thoroughly please): So I was trying to power my cities but 

only 4 cities had power, the other 10 didn't have power because they had zero infra which would make sense if infra was required to power cities but it is not because 3 of the cities were being powered by wind power despite having no infrastructure. The fourth city had some infra and was being powered by nuclear energy. 

I since corrected the issue but I think it is broken anyway. 

IpHGyGc.png

You need to be able to pay for your improvements upkeep for a turn for them to work. Looks like you've solved your problem there

The infrastructure was the issue and still is since it is powering a city that has 0 infra. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

Since power plants work on a system where they power a certain amount of infra, and nuke plants in particular have two tiers, it's possible that something in the city power algorithm wasn't set up to handle the edge case of 0 infra. The cities without power were the ones without wind plants, right?

That pit, this cage, the pipes- this is all symbolism. We are not truly here. These things represent ideas and concepts about you, and in that pit is no monster. There is nothing in there that did not come from you.

Since power plants work on a system where they power a certain amount of infra, and nuke plants in particular have two tiers, it's possible that something in the city power algorithm wasn't set up to handle the edge case of 0 infra. The cities without power were the ones without wind plants, right?

Yeah, the ones without the wind plants.

IpHGyGc.png

• Administrators

You can imagine it like this: without even 0.01 infrastructure, you don't have any connections from your power plants to your other improvements.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Except that according to Clarke, the zero infra cities with wind power seemed to be doing okay. If zero infra means no power, that's something that should consistently apply no matter the type of power.

That pit, this cage, the pipes- this is all symbolism. We are not truly here. These things represent ideas and concepts about you, and in that pit is no monster. There is nothing in there that did not come from you.