Braavos Stock Exchange (BSE)

Aerys Targaryen

Braavos Stock Exchange (BSE)

Greetings !

If you are looking for a way to get money, where you can pay the interest as per your own growth rate and pay it after a month or even longer, then this stock market is for your nation.

Braavos Stock Exchange is one of the financial institutions managed by Braavos Inc., a team basically from the alliance Black Knights. First time in Orbis, we have a regulated stock market, where people can create stocks for their nation, sell those stocks and buy other nation's stocks on a common platform.

How it works?

A nation's total worth is calculated (which includes money spent on cities, infrastructure, land area, non-military buildings and non-military national projects). Then the nation creates x% of its total worth in our stock market and sells it to others and gets money, uses that money to build up its nation better. When the nation's worth increases, so does its stock price. A stock previously bought for $100 may now cost $130. The nation in possession of the stock can sell it to other nations for 'current stock price' or based on the demand for that stock, may be at an 'elevated price' too.

Refund of stocks:

Once a nation 'x' sells stocks to nation 'y', refund of stocks can occur only when

1. Nation 'x' recalls its stocks after paying the current stock price
  2. Nation 'y' asking for a refund after a month of issuing the stock.

How can you create a stock?

Go to this google form: http://goo.gl/forms/djygpT3pRC and enter the details as requested. Cost of a stock is determined based on the value of your nation, percentage you are selling and number of stocks you want to sell. You can also enter your desired price and the number of stocks will be adjusted to match that price.

How do you sell your stock?

After creating your stock, go to this google form: http://goo.gl/forms/cCFv2QnNxt and enter the details. If you are selling your own stock, then enter the same ID in both first and second text box. Enter the number of stocks you currently have and its selling price. You can enter a value higher than its actual stock value, but while buying, people can see original value and selling price both.

How do you buy other' stocks?

Go to this form: http://goo.gl/forms/ky3MCNPDgq. After entering your nation ID, you can see the available stocks in the drop down list. Enter the required details and click submit.

More information about BSE:

Information entered in those forms will be processed at least twice a day. To help investors, Linus developed a credit ratings, where we use several parameters like age, score, wars involved, city building to calculate whether that nation is worth investing or not. This system of evaluation is not perfect and we will improve it further, so investors are requested to buy stocks carefully. We also have a separate team to maintain the records.

Is this service free?

Of course not you silly :P You need to pay 4% of the worth of stocks you are create. It is absolutely free to sell and buy (your stocks as well as other's stocks) as many times as you wish.

Please don't comment here after purchasing a stock, as its recorded online (once you apply in that form) and your information will be updated. If you have any questions, then please post below. This is a very new system, we thought about these things for not more than a week. So if you have any suggestions, feel free to comment or send me a PM in game.

• Upvote 2

What control is given to stock holders? Can they demand you not go to war? Do stock holders receive any form of payments on profits or just if they sell at higher rates?

If you hold my nation's stock, you can request me not to go to war, but if I want to go to war, you are going to lose money due to all the damage I receive. Invest in a nation which is sure to grow. Our credit ratings will help a little and you have to check out that nation personally.

So I would potentially be giving someone money to grow and receive nothing back but stand to lose it all? Ever try selling ice to Eskimos?

This stock market has its risks, invest money responsibly and you will get good returns. If that someone grows you will receive money, read the refund of stock mentioned above. There are two ways to get money, either by refund, in that case the nation which sold the stocks will buy back (or) you sell it to other nations, which will eventually get money from refund.

And to prevent people investing in nations which are reckless in war, we have credit ratings which count their war activity. Soon we will include alliance factor, so it will be near perfect, but can never be perfect and I'm not claiming it to be ! This is as far as I can go with this service, if you have any recommendations, then let me know here.

Also, no never tried that :P

Edited by Aerys Targaryen

What about paying dividends as a percentage of the nation's net revenue?

Ilysian_signature_1.jpg

~~ His Majesty the Gracious and Honourable Emperor Robert of the Royal House Cahill, ~~

~~King of the Dominion of Ilysia, Protector of its Colonies of Argentia and Klondecia, Head of the Imperial Government, ~~

~~Chairsperson of the Imperial Board, Orator of the Lords' Parliament, and Lead Voice of the Small Council~~

What about paying dividends as a percentage of the nation's net revenue?

I'll add dividends soon, like within a week. Like in rl, it will not be available for all nations, just those who are willing to share some money with shareholders.

And for those who are still wondering how you get profit after investing in a nation, read "refunds" in OP. Provided the nation grows properly, the final stock price will be higher than initial stock price and that is how you get profit through investment. Sorry If the OP was not clear enough....

So I would potentially be giving someone money to grow and receive nothing back but stand to lose it all? Ever try selling ice to Eskimos?

Yeah, I've tried it. It's hard to sell ice to Eskimos... I asked him "Sir, do you want a good piece of ice?" and he bent over, grabbed a piece of ice off of the ground and threw it at me.

Same thing happens when you try to sell water to a frog.

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg