Improvement Changes

Shakyr

Not sure if this has been suggested and I would comb the forums checking, but I'm short on time currently.

In the few wars I've been in recently, I've noticed that it's perfectly valid to buy up Barracks (or another Military Improvement), to increase your Daily Purchase Limit, buy the required Military Units and then sell off the Barracks again (and buy up Farms).

While a useful tactic, I think as it currently stands, it's broken. There should not be zero time between when an Improvement is built and when it affects your nation. Thinking about it on my recent plane flight, my suggestion is that any Improvements built during a turn, should not actually affect the nation until the start of the next turn.

This would mean that any Barracks built during a turn, would not increase your solider capacity until the next turn. Sure, you could build the Barracks just before a turn ends, but then any Farms (or other Improvements) built after destroying excess Barracks, would not give you Resources until the end of the turn after that.

• Upvote 3

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

That's why we have the barrack 1/3 daily limit, isn't it?

I think you've misunderstood me.

What I was suggesting, was a way to possibly mitigate the issue of buying Barracks (or another improvement) to increase the Daily Limit, for the 5 minutes it takes someone to enlist more Soldiers (and then demolishing any improvements that aren't supporting Soldiers).

Yeah, totally. Let's make wars even MORE one sided in favor of the attacker.....

No.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Yeah, totally. Let's make wars even MORE one sided in favor of the attacker.....

No.

Agreed, This is not a good idea.

"That ain't Cologne, that's the smell of success."

17:00 <•Sheepy> I don't want you to leave the game

19:20 <•Pubstomber>:

Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

No.

Wars will almost always be one sided in favour of the attacker, unless the attacker is stupid and bites off more than they can chew.

There is nothing to say that any changes to improvements, cannot have knock on changes to other systems, to balance things. That is why they call it a discussion topic, so that the ramifications of an idea can be discussed and potential other related changes, put forward.

Not sure if this has been suggested and I would comb the forums checking, but I'm short on time currently.

In the few wars I've been in recently, I've noticed that it's perfectly valid to buy up Barracks (or another Military Improvement), to increase your Daily Purchase Limit, buy the required Military Units and then sell off the Barracks again (and buy up Farms).

While a useful tactic, I think as it currently stands, it's broken. There should not be zero time between when an Improvement is built and when it affects your nation. Thinking about it on my recent plane flight, my suggestion is that any Improvements built during a turn, should not actually affect the nation until the start of the next turn.

This would mean that any Barracks built during a turn, would not increase your solider capacity until the next turn. Sure, you could build the Barracks just before a turn ends, but then any Farms (or other Improvements) built after destroying excess Barracks, would not give you Resources until the end of the turn after that.

Having just been rolled, I have a unique view on this. The game already favors attackers more than defenders.  I don't think this is fair.  Your suggestion isn't realistic and there are other factors of the game which negate the need of this suggestion.

Having just been rolled, I have a unique view on this. The game already favors attackers more than defenders.  I don't think this is fair.  Your suggestion isn't realistic and there are other factors of the game which negate the need of this suggestion.

You can't quote realism as a detractor from an argument, if you're ignoring realism in the OP. That's just not right man.

I agree that the mechanic is broken. However, that being said, I think the OP suggestion isn't the right way to go about it. You can't delay their ability to buy troops, because that WOULD hammer the defender and make it even harder for a defender to bulk up to defend their nation.

To fix this, if a barrack is purchased and then troops are purchased the same turn, you shouldn't be able to destroy the barrack.

• Upvote 1

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

You can't quote realism as a detractor from an argument, if you're ignoring realism in the OP. That's just not right man.

I agree that the mechanic is broken. However, that being said, I think the OP suggestion isn't the right way to go about it. You can't delay their ability to buy troops, because that WOULD hammer the defender and make it even harder for a defender to bulk up to defend their nation.

To fix this, if a barrack is purchased and then troops are purchased the same turn, you shouldn't be able to destroy the barrack.

The whole point of the Daily Purchase Limit, is to delay a nation's ability to instantly buy troops though. The added delay I was suggesting, was to try and force a nation to strike a balance between Military and Resource Improvements (or to simply choose one or the other). Something that in my opinion, Daily Purchase Limits tries to do, but fails, as currently, a nation with cash can switch between full Military Improvements and full Resource Improvements, as many times they like in a turn and so long as they finish with Resource Improvements, they'll still get their resources.

I do like your suggestion though, with one alteration. Why not have it so that if you buy a military unit, you cannot destroy any related improvement (whether you purchased it that turn or not), even if it's not supporting military units, until the next turn?

Would still leave it partially broken, in that Improvements have an immediate effect on the nation. But it would mean they couldn't switch back to Resource Improvements, until the next turn.