Trading Bug/Exploit

Clarke

What were you doing (or trying to do): Tried viewing my trade history to see my trade activity with a nation called Ashland

What happened (describe thoroughly please): So I got a threatening message about not paying a loan and I thought that's kinda crazy since I know I paid it and I know I sent the offer and the exact amount that I sent. So I view my trading history via this page and the other trading page to view trading history and there is absolutely no history me trading with the nation of Ashland other than me receiving cash as part of the loan. At this point I'm thinking hey maybe I somehow forgot as on the surface it looks like I didn't send a trade offer on the 27th of March, however I'm not satisfied with this answer since I start recalling the memory of the money that I offered as part of a trade leaving my nation which is not something I easily forget.

It's at that point I decide to look into my notifications and lo and behold I see trade activity for the 27th showing that the trade did in fact exist and that the nation Ashland accepted it. 

Any other relevant information: I hope it is just a bug but it could be more.

Screenshot:

r1eLZJx.png

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

Either nation can delete a completed trade, and it is removed from both nations' histories. This should never have been the case, but it still has not been fixed.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Either nation can delete a completed trade, and it is removed from both nations' histories. This should never have been the case, but it still has not been fixed.

I didn't know that, if that happened in this case it looks like the nation tried to trick me into paying more than I was meant to. 

But I prefer not to jump to conclusions.

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

I sent the message when I couldn't find his trade or the notification. After he replied I looked again and found the notification and rescinded the warning. I'm looking into it again.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Not sure what is going on, but by every indication, I did not receive the first payment. No trade logs etc. etc.

In good faith, I will go forward under the assumption that the payment was made with the intention of me getting the money, no late penalties will apply to it, and interest won't compound on it until I hear from Sheepy. The payment of the remaining debt will continue as normal.

And if I don't get an answer back I'll assume that it was paid and err on the side of caution.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I get the following:

Uh oh! There was an unexpected error:

Trades automatically get deleted after 7 days. You don't need to manually remove them.

Unless you're referring to some other method of deleting trades?

I get the following:

Unless you're referring to some other method of deleting trades?

Nope. I'm just wrong. It clearly was fixed at some point without me noticing. Bravo Sheepy.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

• Administrators

I'm not sure what happened. Trades are actually set to only delete automatically after 14 days, not even 7. I'm not sure where it went.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link