Confidence in P&W

Saru

In this case, I think (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) DOES do something right, in that the aid caps to a large degree help create "tiers" of nations where winning in one tier helps in other tiers, but doesn't guarantee victory.  You can win in the top tier, and that allows you to send out more aid than if you don't, but aid is limited so that it isn't overwhelming.  With unlimited aid, a small nation can declare (or be declared on) by a big nation, and immediately build up to be a mid sized nation.

Of course (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) does it wrong in some cases as well, in that aid caps are relatively static, so that aid between large nations isn't feasible.  Of course the context of this game is also different in just its age.  The "big nations" today will be relatively small in comparison to what nations will be in another year or in several year, assuming the game is still around and with similar mechanics.

I definitely think some type of aid cap would be nice.  The problem would be trying to prevent using trades to get around it.

Edited by Azaghul
GnWq7CW.png

This game needs some kind of promotion to get more player. With only a bunch of elitist players this game won't last long,

• Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

This. So much this.

I'm curious to think why you believe unlimited aid is such a detrimental factor to the game? To be fair, unlimited aid has been in place since I joined and the game has done nothing but grow.

Also, for game of a dying breed, why simply emulate what other games are already doing? Why not think outside the box?

Sometimes I forget that people are so ingrained with "(That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) DID THIS SO IT MUST BE RIGHT!" Taking a different approach to things and giving this game a fresh perspective to common problems I think is one of the many reasons why this game will continue to succeed and grow while others continue to bleed members. After all, so many of you familiar faces from Bob are here, so Sheepy has to be doing something right, right?

Nice post hoc ergo propter hoc there.

Just because people are leaving (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and coming here, doesn't necessarily mean Sheepy is doing something right. Though, I think he is myself. So, I agree with you there, but I just wanted to point out the fallacy. :P

Edited by Jroc

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

Just because people are leaving (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and coming here, doesn't necessarily mean Sheepy is doing something right. Though, I think he is myself. So, I agree with you there, but I just wanted to point out the fallacy. :P

Thank you for playing Devil's Advocate here. But I'd rather you just say "You're right."

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

it's gone

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

That's an interesting point. I know a lot of people went to Terra initially, but because that game has a total lack of support from the Staff, it has died for about the second or third time now. People are so bored with (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), that they are giving other games a chance and despite what people say about P&W, it will still have a decent following so long as work on it continues and major bugs are removed. The question is more about the dynamic politics. Will P&W get to the level of mature political and alliance status? Probably not for a few years, honestly.

sinsig.png

Grand Moff Hirohito of Dromund Kaas