War declaration timer

stetonic

Instead of getting 6 points when you declare war.You should have to wait  x amount of turns to launch your first attack.This would make the first strike advantage a bit more evened out and stop blockades or ground and air supremacy being achieved in the first wave of attacks 

If you are a more prepared attacker.Then why would you care about having to wait a few turns to attack 

Why should we have to wait a few turns to attack, We already have to wait every 6 hours to do a ground attack.

Because if I've declared at midnight I don't want to wait till 4 am to attack.

Wouldn't it be 6am? 1 WP (War Point) is every turn, Turns are every 2 hours, You'd need 3 WP to do a ground attack, and ground attacks cost the least WPs.

Yeah but them first 2 ground attacks could mean you gain ground control.I am just making a suggestion to even out the 100% advantage the attacker already holds

You're forgetting, The defender ALSO get's 6 WPs, Meaning he can remove the ground control AND take ground control.

• Upvote 1

If you have a larger army than me. My 2 attacks will do nothing to regain ground control after you have it and if i am offline depending where i am in the world i have even less of a chance to make up what i have lost.So like i said the attacker has the advantage so why not make them wait

If you have a larger army than me. My 2 attacks will do nothing to regain ground control after you have it and if i am offline depending where i am in the world i have even less of a chance to make up what i have lost.So like i said the attacker has the advantage so why not make them wait

Well... Your fault for not building an army large enough to defend against attacks, Also, I wouldn't MASSIVELY overpower you because of war ranges etc.

When it comes to alliance wars you can be outnumbered 3-1 even if you are at full military.So yeah making someone wait wont make any difference to the outcome but it might enable the defender to stock up on supplies and have some sort of fighting chance 

When it comes to alliance wars you can be outnumbered 3-1 even if you are at full military.So yeah making someone wait wont make any difference to the outcome but it might enable the defender to stock up on supplies and have some sort of fighting chance 

Personally, I and many others think wars are fine how they are now, and for that 3v1 thing, Get your alliance members to help you. Changing how wars work would completely ruin future wars, And it should be left alone.

Nah war points should really stay the same. The first 2 attacks make it so the active people get a advantage. Be active if you don't want this to happen. You can always launch the counter-attack with your 6 points as well.

• Upvote 1

dpluao815a3.png

Its a bit hard getting help when any nation close to you has already got 3 attackers and have been hit many times already.Maybe make wars 1 on 1 with no recruitment limits and see who can take serious punishment the longest

Nah war points should really stay the same. The first 2 attacks make it so the active people get a advantage. Be active if you don't want this to happen. You can always launch the counter-attack with your 6 points as well.

unless you stay active 24/7 you will never regain control against 3 attackers and even then its almost impossible 

Its a bit hard getting help when any nation close to you has already got 3 attackers and have been hit many times already.Maybe make wars 1 on 1 with no recruitment limits and see who can take serious punishment the longest

You've been hit hard by 3 people haven't you? Surely that's the case, Otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about how easy someone can get destroyed.

Edited by Codonian

Wait for a few turn before being able to launch the first attack. So tell me what are you supposed to do while waiting, are you saying once we declare war we cant do anything except to sit and wait for the defender to take out our forces? Come on this doesnt make sense a single bit.

Your suggestion are obviously very bias towards the defenders.

Edited by Vincent

Wait for a few turn before being able to launch the first attack. So tell me what are you supposed to do while waiting, are you saying once we declare war we cant do anything except to sit any wait for the defender to take out our forces? Come on this doesnt make sense a single bit.

Your suggestion are obviously very bias towards the defenders.

I also agree, with this comment.

It regenerates online or offline, use them to attack as soon as you get a chance to attack or you'll get wrecked by the enemy fast.

unless you stay active 24/7 you will never regain control against 3 attackers and even then its almost impossible 

• Upvote 2

dpluao815a3.png

A war system has to be balance between the attacker and defender. It cannot be bias towards either role. Otherwise it will kill the interest in the game.

In anyhow it is prudent to be prepared and have a decent military to defend one's nation. Resorting to blaming the game mechanism all the time isnt appropriate.

• Upvote 1

That doesn't mean it should be changed. I'm a fan of first strike's and I can't see the problem with it.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Painfully untrue. In the most recent alliance war, two of the five nations I attacked were able to even the tides, and eventually turn the tides on the ground by having a decent military beforehand. I know for a fact that they had other obligations that prevented them from staying active "24/7". Any competent and prepared nation, bonus if you're part of an organized alliance, can easily put up a fierce fight. Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1