Conscription

RagnarBuliwyf

At the moment the war system favors those who have more military than their opponents, two or three attacks during the first round can cripple an opponent for an entire war.

Therefor I propose that a nation has the ability to "conscript" a portion of their population into "soldiers". 

Ideally at 20-30% of their entire population can be conscripted and in order to pay for this a nation would have to sacrifice the infrastructure (possibly) or some other means to balance it.

I simply suggest this as it's become apparent in the latest war that even with multiple targets, if you outnumber them with military chances are the war is already won, it'd be nice to have some method to fight back even if you're outnumbered. Sitting doing nothing while someone pounds your nation isn't fun and I can pretty much guarantee that you'd lose players each time a war breaks out because they're unable to fight back.

• Upvote 2

At the moment the war system favors those who have more military than their opponents, two or three attacks during the first round can cripple an opponent for an entire war.

Therefor I propose that a nation has the ability to "conscript" a portion of their population into "soldiers". 

Ideally at 20-30% of their entire population can be conscripted and in order to pay for this a nation would have to sacrifice the infrastructure (possibly) or some other means to balance it.

I simply suggest this as it's become apparent in the latest war that even with multiple targets, if you outnumber them with military chances are the war is already won, it'd be nice to have some method to fight back even if you're outnumbered. Sitting doing nothing while someone pounds your nation isn't fun and I can pretty much guarantee that you'd lose players each time a war breaks out because they're unable to fight back.

Yes, I like this idea. Perhaps instead of sacrificing infrastructure, which is usually quite damaged in a war anyway, someone who "activates" conscription for a time in order to recruit more soldiers should pay double wartime matinence on all soldiers, not just extra ones. It should probably also be a wartime thing, and not something a nation does anytime it wants to build soldiers faster.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

You could call it a "draft" like in the world wars

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

Yes, I like this idea. Perhaps instead of sacrificing infrastructure, which is usually quite damaged in a war anyway, someone who "activates" conscription for a time in order to recruit more soldiers should pay double wartime matinence on all soldiers, not just extra ones. It should probably also be a wartime thing, and not something a nation does anytime it wants to build soldiers faster.

Possibly only allow it if you've got a defensive war? 

As for double wartime maintenance? What happens if a nation runs out of food/cash? They vanish? Do conscripts get effected by munitions?

You could have a special class of military called "conscripts" that are okish in defensive wars but super shitty in offensive wars if you want to go all North Korea on someone's ass and draft all your citizens.

Sieg Kaiser Reinhard!

Signature_zpsa64bf97d.jpg

Quote from Mr Flubb

"You could have a special class of military called "conscripts" that are okish in defensive wars but super !@#$ in offensive wars if you want to go all North Korea on someone's ass and draft all your citizens."

so does, India, Japan, America, Brazail, German, Italy or any nation go "all out".

"As for double wartime maintenance? What happens if a nation runs out of food/cash? They vanish? Do conscripts get effected by munitions?"

Then build tanks, they don't need to consume food unless in striking. 

If you wanna go for Conscription, land and farm is a big factor for large army....and Yes, I want to join this idea too.

Edited by William I