Who Care About Illegal Drugs?

ColoringNick

That problem could be solved by running a wire through the seatbelt, so that if you cut the wire, your car will be completely prevented from starting, requiring an embarrassing and illegal trip to the repair shop. You would do better to just buckle the seat belt and sit down on top of it, although I imagine that might be vaguely uncomfortable, depending on the placement of the buckle.

And those guys at the repair shop could rig their own seat belts so the wire goes through the seat. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

and of course the kicker of the whole thing is that you're going this far out of your way to force people to do something they should already want to do (that they probably don't want to do specifically because you're spending so much time trying to make them do it)

some people just aren't ever gonna wear the !@#$ing things and when they die, well, hopefully their organs are intact

• Upvote 1

As for alcohol, I know all about that. My ancestors have thrived on booze for generations. I myself am an alcoholic and drink almost daily in the evenings. Although I usually don't drink enough to actually get drunk. Just enough to get a small buzz. Am I worried about dying from alcoholism? Nope, because I just don't drink enough every day to see that ever happening. I do my research about any drug I take (or don't take) before ever considering trying it, be it alcohol, weed, or psychedelic chemicals. Though I'd prefer smoking pot in the evenings to beer or wine, it's a lot more expensive and hard to find. I don't think I would put alcohol on a danger scale quite as high as amphetamines or opiates like heroin and morphine.

Does drinking daily to get buzzed and not drunk really qualify as an alcoholic? People have been drinking for nearly 9,000 years, if you aren't drinking enough to negatively impact your life, that's not really alcoholism.

Edit: -ing.

Edited by Greatnate

Does drinking daily to get buzzed and not drunk really qualify as an alcoholic? People have been drinking for nearly 9,000 years, if you aren't drinking enough to negatively impact your life, that's not really alcoholism.

Edit: -ing.

Well maybe not. Of course, I once had an ex-probation officer explain to me why anyone who drinks (even occasionally) is an alcoholic. :v

Sounds ridiculous to me but W/E.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

The problem doesn't reside in the use of the illegal drug.
No, it resides in society's plan to imprison and hope the problem goes away. And, not to mention, its a great way to beef up budgets when you are taking on an illegal market that is constantly re-branding itself and the more you take down, the more they pop back up.

For example, look at the story of Silk Road.

1. Silk Road gets shut down by Europol, FBI and some others
  2. Silk Road 2 comes online
  3. Silk Road 2 gets shut down by Europol, FBI and some others
  4. Silk Road 3 comes online

Not, to mention, that there is even bigger fish. Look at Agora and Evolution, I can buy legit AK-47's from some guy I have never even met. Why?

Because people go to these sites to buy drugs and opportunistic entrepreneurs know that people who buy drugs also might dabble in Credit Card fraud, weapon selling, and extortion, and well you get the idea.

Why though?

Because, we would rather ignore the problem and criminalize people for doing stuff to their own body. And,by ignoring it, we create a subculture that is out of touch with normal society. 

Now, if we were to arrest people for harming other people while doing meth, that would be one thing. But, criminalizing them when they aren't? No, that creates uncontrolled black markets. Because, we are criminalizing possession and manufacture which in turn makes it highly profitable to produce meth or heroin or LSD.

But, hey, if you want to keep the government making more money and becoming more of a police state to protect you from a black market that the government created then you can be my guest.

Edited by Jroc
  • Upvote 1

php882dgiAM.jpg.9136a0a695ba680a032e6cfd5880ece4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

haha - I might have bias, bc I work for a police department..........but uh, if its illegal its against the law and if you're gonna do it, don't get caught.

You know even if you get caught we have a magical thing in our system called jury nullification which in a nutshell means if its a stupid law and the person is guilty a jury has the right to find them not guilty haha.

The only reason for the war on drugs that I have heard is I dont like them.  THAT IS NOT A REASON.  That is you thinking you know best and asserting your beliefs on others.

A law should only be a law if their is a clear victim other than yourself.  Its quite simple yet people will always think they know whats best for somebody they dont know.

The innocent victim of drugs is the person that hasn't tried them yet. It should be illegal to sell a product that is fairly certain to ruin your customer's life. We wouldn't allow someone to sell a toy that consistently maims and kills kids. The consumer has ultimate responsibility, but the peddler is also responsible.

Locking up every PoC trying to make a living isn't the answer. We need effective rehabilitation and economic opportunity.

The innocent victim of drugs is the person that hasn't tried them yet. It should be illegal to sell a product that is fairly certain to ruin your customer's life. We wouldn't allow someone to sell a toy that consistently maims and kills kids. The consumer has ultimate responsibility, but the peddler is also responsible.

Locking up every PoC trying to make a living isn't the answer. We need effective rehabilitation and economic opportunity.

Im not saying sell to kids im saying sell to adults let people make their own decisions about their own lives.  They want to screw it up that is their right as a human.

Plus I might add that the war on drugs was recently proven to be leading to more violent crime.

Edited by Redrum

Disagree, people know what they are getting into.

You are responsible for your own self, no one else is. 

Everyone I know that got ruined by drugs was a kid when they started. Kids are the primary source of new users/addicts. And they're too immature to be fully responsible for drug use.

This is caused by illegal markets. If we were to legalize it all, the number of addicts would go down, arguably of course.

Edited by Jroc
  • Upvote 1

This is caused by illegal markets. If we were to legalize it all, the number of addicts would go down, arguably of course.

Also it has been proven that the war on drugs has increased violent crime as it enables cartels tax it 50% and put half of that towards free rehabilitation.

And you base this on..?

biology

you can acquire a physical dependency/rebound effect from pretty much any drug if taken over a long enough time period

moreover, the kind of person who drinks every single day is the kind of person who wants to drink more

• Upvote 1

Also it has been proven that the war on drugs has increased violent crime as it enables cartels tax it 50% and put half of that towards free rehabilitation.

And, if its not illegal than there isn't a stigma and a "cool to do it" mentality.

This also cuts down on abusers.

Though, with this information, makes you wonder if the US gov't and others actually care about its populace or if they just want to keep us down. 

Im not saying sell to kids im saying sell to adults let people make their own decisions about their own lives.  They want to screw it up that is their right as a human.

Then legalise suicide and euthanasia with it, if that is the reason. 

EDIT: In response to Hereno, even cough drops are addictive. I had strep throat this summer and I wanted cough drops even after my throat was better. 

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

EDIT: In response to Hereno, even cough drops are addictive. I had strep throat this summer and I wanted cough drops even after my throat was better. 

I have always been a fan of legalized doctor assisted suicide. And, I agree, if we legalized suicide, we wouldn't punish people for it and they would get the help if they looked for it. Because, then attempted suicide wouldn't be a crime that puts people in prisons that don't rehabilitate them at all. 

• Upvote 1

I am for those to be legalized as well.

Literally wasting police's time

But it is in the interest of the State. Your body does not belong to you. Your body belongs to the State.

Edited by Casey

FN4ZiQL.png

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun de Menschen das gleiche."

"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."