CRIME AND JUSTICE: A CITY AT WAR (OOC)

SAI-40

Yeah, I think I announced it somewhere that I was going to start, and if anyone needed arrested I'd just make an NPC police officer. My hope was that someone else would join as police after the game got rolling, but no one did. Regardless, you can assume that there are police around.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

Yeah, I think I announced it somewhere that I was going to start, and if anyone needed arrested I'd just make an NPC police officer. My hope was that someone else would join as police after the game got rolling, but no one did. Regardless, you can assume that there are police around.

So we have to do everything ourselves?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

So we have to do everything ourselves?

What do you mean by that?

59a.gif

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What do you mean by that?

Well, if there is no cop are we supposed to find the criminals ourselves?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

ALRIGHT GUYS.

I want to gather opinions now that we've hit the five day point.

1. How are you guys enjoying the game?

2. What would you guys change? what do you like?

3. How long do you think these games should last?

4. Does everything make sense? and if not, what doesn't make sense?

59a.gif

So far I am enjoying the game. Maybe we should set a dateline for each round - the max 2 weeks, (14 days) or all the players ( from either side) got killed , whichever come first. - NPC doesn't count.

And since the winner of the game is the person with the most money at the end of the round? Maybe it might be nice if we can get an update on how much money each of us has in hand as the moment. Pro: We know who is winning or leading at the moment, at plan the way to catch up. Cons : the element of suspense is gone.

I'm against seeing the amount of money people own. But wait, the goal is to acquire money? A time limit does seem like a good idea for a game like this but two weeks might be a bit short. It took 4 days for a player to die after all.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

ALRIGHT GUYS.

I want to gather opinions now that we've hit the five day point.

1. Yeah, it is fun.

2. I agree that it would be nice to have a way to check our cash balance as needed. It would be nice to have more players/businesses. I like the flexibility of the game and the GM makes it engaging. 

3. Two weeks seems good as recommended by others above.

4. Yeah, it makes sense.

1. It is very engaging

2. I would change the fact that we can figure out almost everybody's roles so easily after they are tried or killed. Also, if somebody isn't a shop owner or on your 'side' it is fairly easy to figure out what 'side' they are on.

3. I was hoping this might last 'til the new year or so

4.I feel like the fact that the NPC's are police makes it kind of confusing. Some procedures still need to be ironed out as well.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

I like the game, very engaging. I wouldn't suggest a running list of player balances though unless the names were obfuscated somehow to keep it anonymous, otherwise leader always gets targeted for their cash.

Having NPC cops is ... well unexpected. I'd have expected at least one PC cop before start. Understand though that it was a test run. So far I'm enjoying it overall.

The length would definitely need to be longer than 14 days though. As was pointed out, day 4, and first death. Aside from that, such a short time limit puts certain roles at a severe disadvantage as they have to rely on certain interactions to generate most of their income.

Speaking of which, perhaps some ironing out of how to perform those interactions such as a hitman obtaining a hit, or the PI getting jobs, etc.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I think hits should be assigned by the GM via PM with a format such as "chatter around the underground community has been brought to your attention about a hit on _____'s head". Or for the bounty hunter "chatter around the precinct has been brought to your attention around a bounty on _____'s head".

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

A better explanation of the "hit" mechanic would have been nice. My death came as a huge surprise because, from the death mechanics published, it seemed impossible to have happened so quickly.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Alright! Thanks guys! I'll read through all of that and see what changes I can make. The final day, since this is a test run, will be December 13th. Make your bids to make as much money as possible and lets go crazy. I want you guys to do what you can to break the game.

59a.gif

Sorry guys, my busy life has been especially busy this weekend, and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down any time soon. I don't know if I'll be able to update for the next couple of days.

59a.gif

Sorry guys, my busy life has been especially busy this weekend, and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down any time soon. I don't know if I'll be able to update for the next couple of days.

I don't mind

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win