Schools as an Improvement

Copira

PNW has many improvements. I think this would be a good one. 

So, let's assume each country has a national starting IQ. 70, let's say. A school would be a civil, powered improvement that would boost this IQ stat to a higher level (depending on how many schools you buy). With a higher national IQ, you could get benefits like higher wages (higher tax revenue) and higher resource production. The amount of schools you could buy per city could be proportionate to the city population (ie, one for 50,000). And more schools = higher national IQ.

There could even be an entire schools category (like commerce) with different schools like Pre-K, Elementary, and High School that you could add up to get more IQ. 

Finally, this ties in with a project idea I also had. This project would be called "Universities" and would allow you to buy universities in your cities, boosting the average IQ even more (and boosting tax revenue and maybe resource production). 

Thoughts? Constructive criticism, please. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This seems like just more bloat for the game. Commerce serves a similar purpose to what you propose, and there are other projects that boost rss production. I'd rather have the devs improve existing mechanics than add fluff. 

Also, IQ isn't a good measure of one's intelligence, and I think "education level" is a much better term to because fits more with your suggestion than "IQ."

• Upvote 2

Maybe just have the project, call it National University or something similar, that makes certain improvements like hospitals more effective? Could go a different direction with this and have a War College project that, for example, increases the maximum number of units in a mil improvement. My reasoning is these additions will be easier to implement if they affect pre-existing variables rather than introducing a completely new metric.

• Upvote 3

2016/04/26 –

mIjXiMx.gif

Unreleased Bad Company advert, circa 2018

14 hours ago, George Clooney said:

All this sounds a little too "Cyber Nationy" to me. 

And it just requires more slots for infra, would rather it be a National Project if it was implemented

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...