Losing a war: Actually a good thing.

Prefontaine

• Administrators

If you fear lowbies who got pounded from an unwinnable war getting hit by raiders right after then they should consider joining alliances that will protect them.

Why would we force players to join alliances? Throughout gaming history, games like GTA, Skyrim, etc. that let you choose how you want to play are infinitely better than a game that says "You have to do this".

I agree that it is an odd thing when you have to order your members not to win their wars.

What does "winning" the war mean? This whole discussion is sparked over a label -- obviously when you're raiding your goals are different than fighting an alliance war. In an alliance war you want to destroy a nation, in a raid you want to take money and resources.

Players shouldn't be declared war on infinitely and have no chance to ever fight back, that's how you lose players and ruin the game. Having beige for them to get some protection and be able to recuperate is important.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

There is always a delicate balance in the amount of destruction a nation should take that won't make them just rage quit.  But I do think you'd be better off lowering destruction levels and having an option to not beige a player.  While I like the idea of giving someone a chance to rebuild military, it just means people find ways around it like declaring right before another person beiges that nation.

So beige doesn't really help a nation in an alliance vs. alliance war in some/most cases.  But this game half war simulator - if people are afraid to see their nations temporarily destroyed they picked the wrong game.

While having the game be a world-wide destruction-fest can be hella exciting for some people, having your stuff destroyed in matter of days without even a chance to bounce back is a spectacular way to lose interest completely in a game.

I mean, if you wanted to deal the most damage in a war just use planes and drag it as long as you can, simple as that. No need to change the system so that you can completely annihilate something just to satisfy your war-lust

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

this game is already heavily imbalanced in terms of once a person is down, they're basically out no matter what

beige fixes that to some degree.

the problem is getting people into beige and not having the endless war cycling that prevents proper ends and rebuilding periods

otherwise, my suggestion is to get rid of the caps on buying soldiers/military/etc. entirely

this game is already heavily imbalanced in terms of once a person is down, they're basically out no matter what

beige fixes that to some degree.

I agree with Hereno on this one.  A week on beige can let you come back and fight(albeit at a lower tier then before) effectively.

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy