Ukraine and Russia

Lumo Wojiak-Deng

What do you think about the Ukrainian-Russo war?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Question

• It’s horrible
    • Idc/idk
    • Russia is right
    • Russia needs to leave
    • THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!
    • Other

• 4 weeks later...

1994 Budapest Memorandum gave the independence of Ukraine in exchange that Ukraine give up its nuclear weapons which had the third largest at time. 

The current conflict can be described an over-arching escalation of Russia's reclamation of its old past and glory. 

For centuries Ukraine was historically part of Russia and it was where Kievan Rus largely dominated. 

I would blame the international policy position on Ukraine and US foreign policy as the root causes for this conflict to escalate. 

<Dragonk>Like I drink beer, nto it

"You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." 

11 hours ago, Keza Purple said:

1994 Budapest Memorandum gave the independence of Ukraine in exchange that Ukraine give up its nuclear weapons which had the third largest at time. 

The current conflict can be described an over-arching escalation of Russia's reclamation of its old past and glory. 

For centuries Ukraine was historically part of Russia and it was where Kievan Rus largely dominated. 

I would blame the international policy position on Ukraine and US foreign policy as the root causes for this conflict to escalate. 

I think that another part of the problem is that countries aren’t more involved, and just care about themselves.

2 hours ago, Kaka Canli said:

I think that another part of the problem is that countries aren’t more involved, and just care about themselves.

You say that like it's not a delicate matter that involves the potential of literal nuclear holocaust. We're talking Russia. The country that owns about half of the world's entire nuclear warhead arsenal (about 6,000 out of 12,700) while the United States has 4,000. And at this point, it's hard to tell what Putin would and would not be willing to do.

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

3 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

You say that like it's not a delicate matter that involves the potential of literal nuclear holocaust. We're talking Russia. The country that owns about half of the world's entire nuclear warhead arsenal (about 6,000 out of 12,700) while the United States has 4,000. And at this point, it's hard to tell what Putin would and would not be willing to do.

Ok, but we can’t just let Russia take Ukraine. Maybe someone should kill Putin? It’s immoral but it might work. 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:10 PM, Kaka Canli said:

Ok, but we can’t just let Russia take Ukraine. Maybe someone should kill Putin? It’s immoral but it might work. 

It's quite likely Putin's biggest fear right now is someone from the Russian military or FSB doin' 'em in. Immoral? I'm not so sure of that.

"Whaddya ya call it...when the assassin kills the assassin?" - Col. Kurtz, from Apocalypse Now!

P&W SK Flag Small.jpg

• 5 months later...

Putin is gay honestly

I may not know much but i think Ukraine might've provoked most of this by trying to join NATO, and NATO's main purpose is being against Russia. soo.

Still attacking Ukraine is a huge deal, which shouldn't have been the reaction to the action of "trying to join NATO" morally. but I think Putin wanted this to happen to increase tensions in the world hoping to maybe scare the European nations, scare NATO maybe. or have a justification to cut the economic ties with Europe and United States to mess with their economy.

Perhaps Putin wanted this to happen from the beginning. 

and also as everyone knows and always it has been told to us, wars are about economy. so when a war happens, most world leaders, think about how to profit out of that war. 

like Iran selling Drones to Russia. 
Russia cutting economic ties with Europe and USA and messing with their gas revenue.

still i may be wrong, i dont know much as i said.

Edited by Uncle Frank

No solace above or below, only us, small and solitary.

Signature_9.webp

On 4/12/2022 at 4:24 PM, Jacob Knox said:

We don't know how many of Russia's nuclear weapons actually work, or if the amount is accurate. I say it extreme overestimation to believe Russia has that amount of working warheads.
Nuclear weapons and their delivery system require expensive and near constant maintenance, with the most importent part, the core of fissile material needs to be replaced every 15 years at least, due to nuclear decay. 
Now consider the fact that China with 300-350 nuclear weapons has a bigger budget for its nuclear arsenal than Russia, with its close to 6000 nukes, which should raise some eyebrows. 
The US is spending over 44 billion dollars a year to maintain it stockpile of some 5000 nuclear weapons, and Russia has recently gotten past 8.5 billion. In comparison, the UK is spending 6.8 billion to maintain 225 nuclear weapons. 
You can well see the issue here, now factor in Russia's extreme corruption issue:

"He who doesn't steal, is stealing from his family." 

One gotta starts to wonder how much of the nuclear budget actually reaches the nuclear weapons, especially as these are weapons that are never meant to be fired, in comparison to more urgent stuff like fuel, ammunition, and entire tanks, that have seemingly gone missing due to corruption.

Another issue can be seen in Russia's tanks, Russia liked to brag about having the most tanks in the world, you likely heard the claim of above 20.000 tanks at some point.
12.000 is more frequent these days, but here lies an issue, because that number is still too big. By most generous satellite estimates,  Russia's true tank numbers hit closer to 6000. 
With 3000-4000 in storage.
With over 1000 tanks destroyed or captured in Ukraine, it dosen't leave to much left. This makes more sense because it would better explain why Russia has started to deploy units with t-62 in Ukraine, not their puppet states, does they arm with WW2 era weapons, but actually Russian troops. 
The t-62 were outdated in the 1970s, which Russia has said have fully retired from service in 2008.
So what ups with that? beside Russia not wanting to take part in turrent toss competitions anymore? 

The t-72 is up, Russia has claimed they have 8000 t-72 in storage, with 2000 of them in active service, this was before the war. 
Now we know Russia has lost atleast 1200 tanks according to Oryx, adding 30% and we reach somewhere around 1600. Russia tank losses still need to be 5 times as big as that, for it to make sense that they pulling t-62 out of storage, if we take Russia words on their own numbers. 
So we got to the conclusion that Russia has been lying about its tank numbers. The same is hopefully the case for nuclear weapons, else it might be a miracle we hadn't seen any accidental explosions.

• Upvote 1

tenor (1).gif

• 11 months later...
On 4/11/2022 at 8:27 PM, Keza Purple said:

Opps!! Deleted post since its from 2022. Though it was from this year. 

Edited by Cotopaxi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm from the general area of the world where this is going on, and I have a few insights.

Ukraine is extremely corrupt. The vast majority of U.S aid (Which is coming directly from the tax-payer as the US itself falls apart, mind you) is siphoned into government wallets. It is not a coincidence that Biden's son had a high ranking position in an oil company there, nor is it a coincidence how charity fraud is one of the easiest ways to launder money, nor is it a coincidence how a recent report found that the biggest concern of the Biden-Harris administration was that the nation's corruption could undermine the war effort. With all of this in mind, though, Putin is not a good man, nor does he have good intentions. Many people, including my own family fled from his reign, and he has been behind hundreds of political assassinations. This land grab is most likely an attempt to see how far he can go, so when China begins imperializing, Russia can join them. In the next few years if Russia wins, we'll likely see a Russian invasion of Georgia, and further aggression towards Taiwan from the PRC. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...