Defending Borg (1/2)

Monti

This was done purely by me. If I got my facts wrong, @Borgand Spanky. Please tell me to fix. 

Part One 

The Narrative that Borg “Sabotaged” Locutus in favor of DP/DPE is complete Bullshit.  Spanky is the only one that pushed the narrative. There were other times that SI  members/Caeso did come to Borg about the false raid intel. Hell, Back in E404 the bot wasn’t calculating correctly or the estimate was wrong. Borg said he will either investigate it or fix how it calculates Loot.

Locutus is not magic, The Raid Intel/Loot is  estimated on using City Revenue, Spy Ops (Sending Spy-ops to channels) and War Activity. (It will get the estimate wrong sometimes)
I was in SI at that time, and I did not experience problems that were severe enough to call Bullshit on Borg/Locutus end. 

The Spanky DM Logs go on about How Borg gave DP $10b in loans and that Borg was  purposely rigging the War (SI VS DP) in favor of DP by giving them the loan. As well, giving them Blitz Sheets and helping their milcom. I see no problem with Borg Helping DP with Milcom (even if it's minor things) Hell, DP uses Locutus for almost everything so they probably used the sheet command to generate some blitz sheets so its basically Borg helping. 

lh8cIPJ-63rILj5DDOW_WIuJAwQ3hdyANU4Z60MzzCcGHy4JI0HJxD7iOnKfQXs_rdq_S7Bvh2XerAaZr0PKO1B4pXB_1-vWF_57pSnpFWxc2Yz7Nf9GLOVTXOh0K8xMPVdAhOgeXubiY3or-dvMHAT9vmK18w3d-4iSntgpLOuCmZjvcHr_SBiUZzRWdBzjYXyZrVgotp_LJmQCcTZSqmfKmRSwFfunS4jQIN9xrJOWlUVhF_BneSmj1i5-Nn8cWks7qrEdJNkD_4

Part Two

The Spanky DM Logs go on about How Borg gave DP $10b in loans and that Borg was purposely rigging the War (SI VS DP) in favor of DP by giving them $10b dollars in loans, Later retracting that and making it 6b (Even though DP made about 1.3b/day at that point) that's nothing to DP. 

We haven't even seen DP's bank but spanky leaked his!! (SpAnKy 15-Jan-22 07:54 PM - Actually SI can, we have 17b in the AA bank, and another 19B in member depos (Probably less now since people left) (Borg said that the loan was for the rebuild of GW (not the SI war)

As well, Spanky said that Borg is giving them Blitz Sheets and helping their milcom. I see no probably with Borg Helping DP with Milcom (even if it's minor things) DP uses Locutus for almost everything so they probably used the sheet command to generate some blitz sheets. 

image.thumb.png.ed7e4e7c94016e030fe929da6efe1c3f.png

image.thumb.png.dcd8e2a5a97ed07c1a87f73b52a37eff.png

Part Three

As the Logs go on, Borg Revoked Econ Privileges from Spanky because “Borg - because I was messaged about you wanting to blow 10b on bounties - when that $$ belongs to  the AA” I have seen SI’s Bank before the DP war, it’s a reasonable amount but to take out $10b randomly is pretty bad (SI's bank is around 35b). Spanky says it's his own money + Whatever his brother had. 

image.thumb.png.bc33a3efd32b977974746ef9156078b1.png

I’m not saying that it was a bad move by Borg or even Spanky. It's just that SI was fighting a war and randomly taking $10b out to place bounties is petty, even while he said in the logs that he was quitting. 

Part Four

image.png.be217a6dd7e234be400efb996716bc98.png

Spanky kept on saying that Borg/"Locutus" was controlling Canyon's account through Locutus in RON (which he was but for a reason) 

Using !login on Locutus will make the bot log onto your account to do commands like !setrank, Offshore and Tax rates. The Bot will only log in if you issue an command. 
Example: image.png.b56465d54ce4db49dd8e6bff8ea80fe4.png

Spanky did come to Borg about what to do with Canyon's account after he quit. 
image.thumb.png.6acb87ee3dec542d3f837682144f7b5c.png

Canyon was removed in Feb 9th image.png.4525df1063df65b19a7eb0bb435cb237.png

This is where the issue about Locutus being wonky/comprisable came from. Spanky's delusions....

Thoughts

I'm not even half way done the looking at the logs and I still have the Spawning in stuff to go over. Why would Borg try and Ruin his Rep now? Its been 2 years since He created Locutus. Just doesn't make sense to me. 

Spanky if you want to talk about your side. I'll welcome it... Text me on Discord

I haven't proof read it yet and i'm too lazy. I need sleep.

Edited by Monti
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

image.png?ex=65f5ac05&is=65e33705&hm=2cdc4b7e28777e34caf37f251fded716f2beb4178c3e91687d866b47cd329bac&=

11 minutes ago, Monti said:

Using !login on Locutus will make the bot log onto your account to do commands like !setrank, Offshore and Tax rates. The Bot will only log in if you issue an command. 
Example: image.png.b56465d54ce4db49dd8e6bff8ea80fe4.png

Automating an account to play is against the rules, what is allowed however is, if the action is human initiated it is allowed. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, zevfer said:

Automating an account to play is against the rules, what is allowed however is, if the action is human initiated it is allowed. 

That's how borg got around that rule. It has to be Human Initiated. He's went through alex with almost every command he has on the bot. 

• Upvote 1

image.png?ex=65f5ac05&is=65e33705&hm=2cdc4b7e28777e34caf37f251fded716f2beb4178c3e91687d866b47cd329bac&=

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/599998912128090133/940892475764137994/Screenshot_20211125-172502_Discord.jpg

I dont care about this stuff but the one thing i am curious about is. Did borg really hacked 150B and framed NPO for it? as we can see in the above screenshot. (Taken from the screenshots spanky posted in RON). If he actually did it,then there is no point in defending borg as Alex will do what he wants and borg deleted it later as the evidence is in the second screenshot below

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/599998912128090133/940892476040941598/Screenshot_20220209-010040_Discord.jpg

If he has done it, Spanky should also be held responsible for knowing about borg's hacking and not reporting it

Edited by Murat

23 hours ago, Murat said:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/599998912128090133/940892475764137994/Screenshot_20211125-172502_Discord.jpg

I dont care about this stuff but the one thing i am curious about is. Did borg really hacked 150B and framed NPO for it? as we can see in the above screenshot. (Taken from the screenshots spanky posted in RON). If he actually did it,then there is no point in defending borg as Alex will do what he wants and borg deleted it later as the evidence is in the second screenshot below

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/599998912128090133/940892476040941598/Screenshot_20220209-010040_Discord.jpg

If he has done it, Spanky should also be held responsible for knowing about borg's hacking and not reporting it

I will be making a post about that later this week.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2022 at 8:35 AM, zevfer said:

Can I make a bot such that I never have to open PnW ever again and can control my account via discord? Ofc everything I do is human-initiated but I will never have to log into my account directly ever again.

10 minutes ago, Majima Goro said:

Can I make a bot such that I never have to open PnW ever again and can control my account via discord? Ofc everything I do is human-initiated but I will never have to log into my account directly ever again.

This is the full section of the rules on automation:

8. Automated Trading

Moderation Points Guideline: 50-100
Expiration: 2 Years

The use of any script, bot, macro, or other form of automated trading is strictly prohibited.

Scripts that pull up-to-date trade information through the API and notify players about potentially advantageous trades are allowed, so long as the player is still manually completing the trade.

9. Automated Banking

Moderation Points Guideline: 50-100

The use of any script, bot, macro, or other form of automated trading is strictly prohibited.

The use of any script, bot, macro, or other form of automated banking wherein the script is deciding and automatically transferring money or resources is strictly prohibited.

Scripts or Discord Bots that offer an alternative interface for trading, but still require manual inputs are generally allowed. An example of an allowed banking script would be a Discord bot that lets you withdraw funds to another nation with a command like “!withdraw [nation id] 100iron”. So long as a player is still manually triggering the action, the use of such scripts that simply make transfers more convenient is generally allowed.

Ultimately, the scope of allowed scripts is at Alex’s discretion, and if you have a question please send him a message in-game.

10. Other Game Automation

Moderation Points Guideline: 25-100

The use of any script, bot, macro, or other form of automated gameplay is generally prohibited. Examples include automating play of baseball games, war declarations, war attacks, and espionage operations.

As a general exception, we do allow the use of automated scripts for the purpose of sending alliance recruitment messages to nations not in alliances.

In summation, it seems as though banking (as long as it is human initiated) and information about trades is permitted, but war declarations, attacks, and trading (among other things) are prohibited. So, in short, no.

• Like 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

On 2/17/2022 at 10:31 AM, Jacob Knox said:

In summation, it seems as though banking (as long as it is human initiated) and information about trades is permitted, but war declarations, attacks, and trading (among other things) are prohibited. So, in short, no.

But none of it is automated. I'm just using the script to do the job instead of me. Instruction are still fed by me for it to do any job.

On 2/18/2022 at 9:57 PM, Majima Goro said:

But none of it is automated. I'm just using the script to do the job instead of me. Instruction are still fed by me for it to do any job.

But that exception is only explicitly stated for trading and banking. Nothing else. Anything else would seemingly need to be run by @Alex first.

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

20 hours ago, Jacob Knox said:

But that exception is only explicitly stated for trading and banking. Nothing else. Anything else would seemingly need to be run by @Alex first.

It really is the question being posed here. As far as I've understood from this thread by OP, Borg's bot can do way more things than just banking. It definitely falls in the grey areas and we are waiting for an answer on whether these grey areas are allowed or not going forward. 

• Upvote 1