Pollution?

Mikhail Gorbachev

How big of an issue is pollution, and the disease rate? I'm considering buying a recycling center, which would almost eliminate the pollution problem, but would also cost money that could be put towards industry. Thoughts?

It also depends how much you pollute your lands.

POLLUTION:

Coal Plant < Oil Plant < Nuclear Plant = Wind Plant

Supermarket (4%) = Bank (7%) < Shopping Mall (12%) < Stadium (18% commerce)

Edited by Nathan I

ka4k09.jpg

Don't get one, they're too expensive relative to the amount of population you gain at this stage (Seeing as how you only have a 500 infra city). If you want to build civil improvements, wait until ~800 or so and get a police station, since crime cause a lot more damage than disease.

Edited by Firetrout

You should really only buy land in batches of 500 so you can buy the maximum amount of land for the minimum price, rather than paying more per unit for every 100 or however much you're buying at the moment. Same goes for infra if you're not buying it in batches of 100 already. Do this, you'll be able to get land at a cheaper price and reduce your disease rate.

105px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Polish_Crown.s

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!

Disease will only start hurt you when you have more than 8% of it in one city. And you'll need to have more than 800 infra in that city to actually feel the damage. Buy a recycling center only if you have 100+ pollution and your disease is above 8% even at 1000 land

UedhRvY.png

It depends on the infra in your city.  How much infra do you have?

500, but more is coming. Disease rate right now is 2.84ish.

You should really only buy land in batches of 500 so you can buy the maximum amount of land for the minimum price, rather than paying more per unit for every 100 or however much you're buying at the moment. Same goes for infra if you're not buying it in batches of 100 already. Do this, you'll be able to get land at a cheaper price and reduce your disease rate.

I just noticed this! Thank you very much. For this reason, I'm saving up to buy 100 infra levels, even though it would be sooo easy to just put in enough for 50.

Disease will only start hurt you when you have more than 8% of it in one city. And you'll need to have more than 800 infra in that city to actually feel the damage. Buy a recycling center only if you have 100+ pollution and your disease is above 8% even at 1000 land

Ok, I'm not even close to this. Can I regain the people I lose from disease?