Only show trade pop-up if posting more than 1 STDEV from average ppu

Talus

If I were to create a poll for how many actually read the pop-up that appears when creating a trade, I'm guessing that it's less than 10% of us. It's about as useful as those EULAs that many games make you scroll through and click I Agree.

Rather than always showing that pop-up, instead only show it if the PPU for your trade offer is more than 1 standard-deviation from the average ppu. If you don't readily have that calculation available, then just use the same logic that prevents brand new nations from posting trades that are far from market value. Make sure that the pop-up displays as a warning window rather than the informational one that we see now. You could include the color red and large verbage like "WARNING" along with details about why the trade was flagged.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

I disagree, I would rather be bothered with a popup than screw up my trade, and have someone with a trade bot pop up and yoink my trade before I can cancel it.

You would still be bothered with a pop up if you screw up a trade. The ask is to only have the pop up show for screwed up trades.

• Administrators

I'm not opposed to the idea; I think calculated the std dev would be ideal but also unnecessarily complex & potentially taxing on the server to do for each trade.

Most resources (exception of Food and Credits) trade around the same price. Either setting a fixed amount (say, $1,000) or percentage off average price would be simpler & easier to implement.

E.g. If the average price is $3,345 and you make a typo like punching in $334 instead of $3,344 it would pop up (either by fixed method or percentage method.)

I think this could help with the alarm fatigue (get so used to the popup that you don't really look at it) that @Talus is talking about. I'd like to hear some more feedback though before pushing something like this.

• Thanks 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Obviously I would benefit more from not implementing this but I will also argue that alerting people to trades that are outside of the mean is unnecessary overreach. Most of the time the pricey bad trades are from people who make their money from trading regularly so imo it should be simply accepted as risk rather than making trading something trivially easy to constantly undercut ppl who are not so active on the market.