CALLING ALL MUNITION SELLERS!

SeanTheGreat19

Hi, as my highest source of trade income comes from munitions, it really affects my income. But safely the munition prices are lowering. We need to slowly rase the prices (not killing the buyers) but so we can stay at a good and steady price.

Prime Minister sean19

Ist Anschluss Time

Good idea, it would've been a good time to try to up the average price of ammo, due to the war between TAC and MDoAP, but its kind of winding down now. Missed a big chance. I'd suggest investing more in Steel production or Aluminum production. It may cost more at first, but has a larger payout later on.

giphy.gif

The collective action problem and P&W players don't mix.

I'd love to figure out how to raise the price of munitions (as I export a bit) but I really don't think it's possible to coordinate all these sellers. Good luck though, if you can figure out a solution I'm 100% willing to cooperate.

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

It's the criminals dilemma.  My faith in the free market forces me to believe that this won't work.

• Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

And the worst part is munitions are on trend to be cheaper than lead... If that makes any sense. Oh the joys of a free market... Lol

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

Pre-war muntions sold for no more than $600 usually.  They are at $897 now on the sell side and still over $600 on the buy side.

I'd say these were still pretty good days for you bro.

The problem is that now that munitions are so high, people would rather buy lead and make them themselves (thus driving up the price of lead.) Then you have people like me who would rather sell 100 at 1,000 than 10 at 1,500 just so that I get cash before you.

The problem is that now that munitions are so high, people would rather buy lead and make them themselves (thus driving up the price of lead.) Then you have people like me who would rather sell 100 at 1,000 than 10 at 1,500 just so that I get cash before you.

That's my kind of business.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supply is definitely way above demand.

I want the days just a few days prior to the war when we had $2k munitions and $4k steel!

• Upvote 2

I will sell munitions I don't need 200 dollars less that the lowest. If I'm that desperate than I will act on it.

that's what got us here In the first place people sold way below the average and now in order to sell a bit quicker other people followed sadly

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

Really it's a matter of playerbase... the majority of nations in the game are capitalizing on the market but because we only have a little over 1k players in the game we have way more supply then demand can really satisfy. Most of the major alliances and nations in the game have largely gained the stockpiles needed and so they're not buying as much anymore... but more and more people have continued to jump on the market fever leading to the collapse we've had now.

I kinda expected this to happen, as with every real life market boom there is eventually a "correction" that'll knock prices down a bit. Often times it'll be a bit of a recession of sorts in that markets will drop but after a time those prices become the new normal and so eventually when they rise again the cycle repeats itself.

tl;dr markets were on all time highs and collapsed as player demand exceeds supply, recruit more players to improve overall market demand & wait for the markets to rebuild themselves in the post war environment.

Really it's a matter of playerbase... the majority of nations in the game are capitalizing on the market but because we only have a little over 1k players in the game we have way more supply then demand can really satisfy. Most of the major alliances and nations in the game have largely gained the stockpiles needed and so they're not buying as much anymore... but more and more people have continued to jump on the market fever leading to the collapse we've had now.

I kinda expected this to happen, as with every real life market boom there is eventually a "correction" that'll knock prices down a bit. Often times it'll be a bit of a recession of sorts in that markets will drop but after a time those prices become the new normal and so eventually when they rise again the cycle repeats itself.

tl;dr markets were on all time highs and collapsed as player demand exceeds supply, recruit more players to improve overall market demand & wait for the markets to rebuild themselves in the post war environment.

Thank God Benjamin Franklin struck the ground with his magical lightning rod and invented Capitalism.  That's also how he and George Washington won the revolution all by themselves.  With his magical lightning rod.

In all seriousness, he just said what I said only smarter.

aUel2fG.png

The problem is that countries can equally produce the necessary resources by buying the raw materials. Maybe this needs to be a suggested game mechanic to make the market more profitable and less susceptible to large influxes of profitable resources during wartime (thus driving the markets down) is a penalty to resources created if the nation cannot mine the raw materials. If you have to import lead to make munitions you should only make half as much each turn. That way it makes the markets more stable and gives an incentive to picking a location that suits your needs... BRB, posting to the game suggestions board.

well munitions are dropping fast due to someone are maybe 2 people :rolleyes:  selling serveral times in a row at lower and lower costs making the market impossible to sell in if only I knew who though :rolleyes:

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

You raise the price of munitions the price of everything else will go up as well, market on here is already so unstable. But in general your best bet would be to stockpile and sell when wars break out, people will pay a pretty penny when they really need it.