Umbra DoE

Quelye

First, I just want to say thank you to all of you who had nice things to say about this DoE. I'm glad to see this much support and positive thoughts! :)

Good luck with this endeavor, I for one am glad to see a new democracy springing up.

Some advice, if you haven't done so already; appeal to one of the larger alliances to establish a protectorate until you reach a time when your alliance can finally stand on it's own two feet. Otherwise raiders and other alliances might go after you guys... and even with a protectorate that will probably happen, but at least then you'll be able to ask your protector for some rebuilding aid and make up any losses.

I like the alliance flag too, very minimalist.

Thanks! I considered asking a larger alliance about a protectorate, but alas I did not want to be drug into one side or another in this conflict. I have no qualms with either side specifically, but simply wish to be on my own, neutral side.

That said, my nation is pretty bulked up militarily so I'm prepared to fight anyone that might think I'm an easy target, and I'll work on aiding new members so they can defend themselves as well.

I would say new alliance, becareful who you recruit as your member later on, someone might see you as a threat and plant spies among you.

My philosophy has always been that there if there are going to be spies, (which there will be) there shouldn't be anything "secret" that they could find. I think a very open, transparent alliance government is the way to, and that way a spy wouldn't find out anything that everyone else didn't already know.

Good luck, hope you do well.

You seem to have a clearly defined vision of what you want to be as an alliance, which is always a good first step. A lot of alliances fail because they have no idea what they're about, except wanting to be an alliance. So, build on that promising start, and you'll be fine. 

wF9Bjre.gif

I'm not entirely in agreement with the reason to leave SI because you were unhappy with the enigma treaty.

Had you made significant effort to gain political influence within you alliance, I bet you could have subtly, and effectively, influenced future decisions to reflect your views/principles. 

However, I do admire that you opined that your specific view is something greater on a whole, and that it had to be represented as such.

So... best of luck!

o/ Umbra

Looking at your members and applications after only 1 day of existence, it looks like this alliance may stick around for a while! Keep up the good work Quelye!

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

Congratz, welcome and good luck!  7K used to run some programs to help new alliances get going.  I'm not sure what we do now.  If you need anything, be sure to check us out on IRC.  Believe me when I say we are all heartened to see new alliance springing up.

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy