Alternative projects [NEW Weapons]

Zaxon

Hey all, so this idea was partially from a discussion with the dev team on some potential ideas that I decided to explore & expand on so I’m putting it here for some feedback.

The idea is that Alternative projects would give you the option to choose between certain projects and applications which are opposed to each other. So selecting one would cancel out the ability to have the other at the same time. 

I’ll do tldr notes at the end (-_- 7 ) 

1: Spy Satellite & NSA (National Security Agency) 

5dfjOAb.png

• The concept here is offense vs defense but you have to choose one or the other. 

• I modified the Spy Satellite’s damage a bit but you still have the extra spy per day and an overall advantage.

• The NSA gives you 10 extra spies and added resistance

2: Upgrade Weapon Systems 

72pJaep.png

I wanted to introduce a new weapons system to make war more dynamic so I had the idea of upgrading the existing weapon system and sprinkling in some diversity. So you would not need to change anything.

3: Missile Systems 

BkZHGlQ.png

SSM - Target land targets same as now

SAM - Only targets planes

ASBM - Only targets naval vessels

4: Nuclear Systems

m6z00uE.png

Nuke - Hits 1 city normal damage same as now (infra + 2 improvements)

EMP  -  No power for 24 turns in 1 city - 1/10 nuke dmg (infra + No power)

MIRV -  Hits 4 cities for infra damage - 1/4 nuke dmg (infra + 4 improvements)

TLDR notes: ಠ_ರೃ  

• The weapon systems allow you to switch to different weapons but you must pay the rss cost to swap. 

• You can only have one weapons system active at a time

•  You keep the same stockpile of missiles & nukes you just change platforms. 

•  If you already have Missile and Nuke projects you start with the default but can switch. 

• Nukes & Missiles still cost the same MAP 

Edited by Zaxon
image fix

No reason for Spy sat if NSA gives you 10 more spies. Everyone would take the ten extra spies in a heartbeat.

If there is no change in maps then this is basically turreting and will still make a minimal difference because whoever is launching the missile wether it be defender or attack won’t make a difference in the war.

Depending on if the emp still uses 12 maps there is no use unless you are just trolling a one city nation. Some are cool ideas tho I’ll give you that

On 12/22/2020 at 7:47 PM, Obama Barrack said:

Depending on if the emp still uses 12 maps there is no use unless you are just trolling a one city nation. Some are cool ideas tho I’ll give you that

Actually, I'd say that the emp effect would be pretty powerful in terms of shutting down rebuild options for someone that's overextended, if everyone on them emp'd. It probably wouldn't quite be worth more than the 3 airstrikes each that it represents, though, yeah.

Hrm... it could be used for whaling/assassination in that one slot could reliably shut down 2 cities worth of military rebuild. Take 3 nations to prep the ground, and you can shut down 6 cities, well 5 statistically given ID, without at *all* reducing the targets score. Time your approach so that the wars either expire or are beiged out by the target, opening him up to a devastating followup attack. Makes downdeclaring even more deadly, given the prep work. The opening forces wouldn't need military at all, as long as they have either the nuclear stockpiles or enough warchest.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2020 at 6:07 AM, Sir Scarfalot said:

Actually, I'd say that the emp effect would be pretty powerful in terms of shutting down rebuild options for someone that's overextended, if everyone on them emp'd. It probably wouldn't quite be worth more than the 3 airstrikes each that it represents, though, yeah.

Hrm... it could be used for whaling/assassination in that one slot could reliably shut down 2 cities worth of military rebuild. Take 3 nations to prep the ground, and you can shut down 6 cities, well 5 statistically given ID, without at *all* reducing the targets score. Time your approach so that the wars either expire or are beiged out by the target, opening him up to a devastating followup attack. Makes downdeclaring even more deadly, given the prep work. The opening forces wouldn't need military at all, as long as they have either the nuclear stockpiles or enough warchest.

Nobody would rebuild if you were at war with them anyway, shutting down for a day isn’t going to do much if they already have you pinned, another thing is that only one city has no effect really itll be as effective as momentarily getting rid of someone’s city, but if they are already beating you it wouldn’t matter anyways. Now if it took power out of the entire nation it would be too powerful as you could literally shut someone’s nation down pretty much permanently. So while it’s a pretty cool idea I doubt Alex would ever think of bringing this in.