Greetings and Salutations!

Sol Farmer

Afternoon Folks, 

I am new to this game; having come from one of this game's competitors. I must say that this game seems more my style. I am enjoying the details that are provided! Lots of fun so far.

A bit about me:

Yes, I have a farming background. Also, I am a big fan of simulation games. I have had an account on NationStates for quite a long time. One of my current favorite games is Dwarf Fortress. 

I find great satisfaction from helping others enjoy the games they choose to play and hope to do the same thing here. 

Before too long I shall be announcing the creation of a new alliance!

Hoping to get to 3 posts for that generous 50k bonus!

Sincerely,

Sol Farmer.

• Administrators

Dwarf Fortress? How is that game? I was never able to get into it. It seemed really neat (the DF stories are really cool!) but the graphics and playstyle confused me too much.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Dwarf Fortress? How is that game? I was never able to get into it. It seemed really neat (the DF stories are really cool!) but the graphics and playstyle confused me too much.

There is a game called "Gnomoria" in early access that is based off DF. I bought it for some reason and after nearly 30 minutes of trying to do ANYTHING I gave up. I hear it's good though.

Also, welcome!

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

By the way, I never played both Gnomoria and Dwarf Fortress, I only played Minecraft, which is quite similar to them.

No, no it isn't.

Minecraft is to Dwarf Fortress what a garden hose is to a tank.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Wait what is this then from Minecraftpedia? ''and inspired by Infiminer, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper games.''

Do you know what the word "inspired" means? Have you even played DF or DK? 

This is Dwarf Fortress

dwarf_sites_4.png

Edited by underlordgc

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

''Inspired'' and ''Similar'' are probably same. However, I think they're similar, however please don't counterattack my opinions.

EDIT: It looks like bunch of code...

Edited by Nathan I

ka4k09.jpg

EDIT: It looks like bunch of code...

Translation: I've never played this game but I'm going to keep arguing.

You should get a job working for Anita Sarkeesian, she'd love you.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, it is a simulation I guess? I find it to be great fun managing my dwarves and carving out halls. It's pretty awesome. I should put up a pic a fortress I have been working on... I haven't played lately though, as my computer is quite underpowered and even DF slows it down when I have a larger fortress. My current favorite fortress has over 130 dwarven souls residing in its halls.

There is much FUN to be had in DF [FUN being losing due to all sorts of things].

I once lost a fortress because I mistakenly believed water would not flow up a stairway. I had channeled a tunnel into a nearby river to create waterfalls behind glass walls, in my dwarves dining hall. In any case, I now know that water does indeed behave according to the laws of physics. haha.

I use a mod pack to make the graphics a little prettier and easier to interpret. 

Regarding the difficulty of DF; once you get the hang of the command system it's quite easy. It took me a good long while to figure out how to control the military.

• 2 weeks later...