Notice to everyone making suggestions:

Prefontaine

I want to preface this with I'm not asking you to stop making threads. The reason I'm posting this is to temper expectations. I'm not a dev, nor am I an admin. I do help Alex with new content, fixes to current content and such, but not in any real official capacity so understand that this isn't any sort of official response. That being said I do have somewhat of a glimpse behind the curtain, and I wanted to give everyone who's being trying to help improve the game by posting suggestions some notice. 

If you've looked at the quarterly update thread you'll see very few of those bullet points have been met thus far. With the holidays consuming much of the rest of this month, that leaves us with a month to hit a lot of marks. Priorities like war bugs, server issues, security issues and the such have taken up a large chunk of time. Things that shouldn't be priorities like the downvote stuff caused some distraction. Combine that with the on-going war and not wanting to make content changes during a large conflict, we're at a large back log of new content. I do save some ideas that get posted, but even I'm burnt out at trying to backlog stuff to look out down the road because that road looks very, very long compared to the rate of new stuff coming out. The space projects were something that were effectively a "done deal" before the start of the war. My hopes were those would get rolled out over the summer, a batch of new player focusesd projects come out in the fall, and something in between in the winter. Needless to say there's a lot of content in my back log of things I'd like to see implemented. A quick note, when I say things I'd like to see, it doesn't mean just my ideas but rather community generated ones as well.

But here we are, almost in the new year and my hopes for summer releases still not out. As I said at the start of the thread, I'm not saying to stop making threads however I hope this gives you some perspective on why some ideas may have no response or such on threads posted. If there are any questions about this I'd be happy to answer if I can. This is NOT a thread for making suggestions in however. I repeat, do not post your suggestions here. 

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

scSqPGJ.gif

I think each project needs its own thread, potentially sticked by Alex, so that numbers can be tweaked. Some of the projects are very broken, so it would be good to be proactive and not reactive regarding these issues. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leo the Great said:

I think each project needs its own thread, potentially sticked by Alex, so that numbers can be tweaked. Some of the projects are very broken, so it would be good to be proactive and not reactive regarding these issues. 

Space Program
Telecom Sat
Military Sat
Spy Sat

Original iterations had their own thread for discussion months ago. 

scSqPGJ.gif