Ableism and homophobia in nation's description and city name

Joi

Nation Link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=142785

Ruler Name: Raidoactive J Bleaxh

Nature of Violation: The Nation of United Cloroxia's custom description is simply "If you attack this nation you are gay" and one of its cities is named "Retard."

Screenshot:

qVf3blJ.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

Improper-Request-2.gif

• Moderators
1 minute ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Try sending a msg and starting a dialouge... Nothing will be learned if Alex just hits them with a strike.

A reminder that this is a No Discussion Forum.

I am sure you know it, but since I am in favor of this well-intentioned (I hope) advice, you get just a verbal warning.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I find it funny that you assume I am personally offended by these words, Monkey, but you don't have to be gay or mentally challenged to see that using said words in such a way can be offensive. 

Rest assured, I am not using Moderators as a weapon, as I have no personal stake against the nation I've reported. The words being highlighted in this report constitute misconduct for inappropriate language being used in the game, and I am going through the appropriate channels designed for reporting them.

What you are describing: contacting the player to tell them they did a no-no and need to stop, is the moderators' jobs, not mine.

Please do not reply further in this thread, Monkey, as this report is not about you.

Edited by Supreme Master Joi
changes a word to be less offensive
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

Improper-Request-2.gif

• Administrators

It looks like the reported user has already voluntarily changed their nation description and city name.

As suggested in this thread, you're welcome to just message users directly in cases like this and tell them what they've done to offend you and why, and usually people are more than willing to be nice and change things for the better.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic