Moderation Question

Aksel

• Moderators

Greetings Mad Max,

I am obliged to remind you that your current report is breaking 5 forum rules related to Moderation Staff issues:

Moderation Staff

1. Speculation regarding the identities of game staff and/or revealing identities of game staff is strictly prohibited. These actions are punishable up to, and including, a ban on your forum and game account.
  2. Being rude or disrespectful to any of the game staff is not allowed. Creating posts "calling out" moderators or the game staff is prohibited.
            a. Instead, if there is an issue with a warn received contact a moderator or use the proper forums to request appeal.
  3. Impersonation of, or an intention to imply that you are a moderator, administrator, or other P&W official is forbidden.
  4. Any concerns with the moderation staff should be addressed with the game administrator, Alex, via pm.
  5. Do not ask to become a moderator. Moderation positions are invitation only.

Leaving all this aside, personally, I would like to see an amendment in rules #2a and #4 where players and moderators could discuss openly (while still following the rest of the rules of the forum) issues regarding warns, moderators or rules, and as such, your report will be kept around till Alex has a look on it.

baPVraw.gif

2 hours ago, Chief Wiggum said:

Greetings Mad Max,

I am obliged to remind you that your current report is breaking 5 forum rules related to Moderation Staff issues:

Reveal hidden contents

Moderation Staff

1. Speculation regarding the identities of game staff and/or revealing identities of game staff is strictly prohibited. These actions are punishable up to, and including, a ban on your forum and game account.
  2. Being rude or disrespectful to any of the game staff is not allowed. Creating posts "calling out" moderators or the game staff is prohibited.
            a. Instead, if there is an issue with a warn received contact a moderator or use the proper forums to request appeal.
  3. Impersonation of, or an intention to imply that you are a moderator, administrator, or other P&W official is forbidden.
  4. Any concerns with the moderation staff should be addressed with the game administrator, Alex, via pm.
  5. Do not ask to become a moderator. Moderation positions are invitation only.

Leaving all this aside, personally, I would like to see an amendment in rules #2a and #4 where players and moderators could discuss openly (while still following the rest of the rules of the forum) issues regarding warns, moderators or rules, and as such, your report will be kept around till Alex has a look on it.

baPVraw.gif

It's really not a secret who mods are...even to those who aren't inside the mod circle. Cynic told people who he was, I told people who I was. The anonymity factor only plays favorable to Alex - and select mods who think its a special role to hold and are afraid to be retaliated against.

I didn't come here for a reminder on rules, I'm quite privy to the rules of the forum as I helped write most of them with the community and better moderators of the past.

Thank you for posting the unneeded reply to the topic that really has no substance to the OP question.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Fire him and bring me back...

6 hours ago, Chief Wiggum said:

3 hours ago, Mad Max said:

I didn't come here for a reminder on rules, I'm quite privy to the rules of the forum as I helped write most of them...

Thank you for posting the unneeded reply to the topic that really has no substance to the OP question.

If you want substance to your OP question and your request of becoming a moderator, I will point out (more clearly) that a forum moderator should follow the rules of the forum.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chief Wiggum said:

If you want substance to your OP question and your request of becoming a moderator, I will point out (more clearly) that a forum moderator should follow the rules of the forum.

Follow the rules that you wish to amend.

I still thank you for posting no substance in regard to my question - if you're gonna warn me, warn me. If not, leave the question for someone more equipped to answer.

• Administrators
On 11/23/2018 at 9:28 PM, Mad Max said:

Being that a moderator of yours, negan/cynic, decided to steal a bank, delete his nation...allegedly has multis and is an all-around shit member of this community........with also adding that while I was a moderator Negan only showed up to collect cash on the first of every month, will he be removed from the moderator staff?

Clearly, not the type of person @Alex advertised.

Not sure I'd like any moderator in that position just sitting there banking creds every month and doing nothing to engage and support the community.

Fire him and bring me back, I'll get this community back in shape and help make moderation great again.

#MMGA

I'm not sure that this is a question more-so than you just wanted to make some public statement.

First, player and moderator identities are separated so that they do not reflect upon each other. If a player who was also a moderator declared a war you disagreed with, for example, would that be reason for them to be stripped of their moderator powers? I don't see why any other (non rule-breaking) action would be any different. It is for good reason that player/mod identities are separated so that each can be judged without using the other as a reference.

Second, I have no desire to confirm nor deny anyone's moderator identities. They are private, and seeking to make them public really doesn't benefit anyone. They are not elected and do not otherwise rely on the support of the community to retain their positions. If you have any particular grievance with any particular moderator, I would encourage you to first message them and try to talk it out, and if that fails, send me a PM directly to discuss the matter.

To answer the question "will [Negan] be removed from the moderator staff?" the answer is no, not at this time.

With that, I think the matter is resolved, and as I said, if you have further grievance please take it up via PM.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 12

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Alex locked this topic