Political Test

Ikol

It all went downhill after the Germans reoccupied the Rhineland DMZ and the French didn't respond.

To be fair, at that point it would have been political suicide to instantly prepare military action after breaking Versailles without the UK on their side.

Ikol, Proud member of Terminus Est.

Moderator of http://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticsandWar/

To be fair, at that point it would have been political suicide to instantly prepare military action after breaking Versailles without the UK on their side.

British appeasement. <_<

In 1938, France had the largest military in the world. It could have checked Germany, with or without UK support.

Germany was the largest at ~850000 at the start of 1938 but the Czechs and the French still had favorable odds at nearly 2:1  (Yes I didn't even bother looking up the USSR, the officer Purge made their army operate like an unorganized mob, as opposed to later in the war when they were more of an organized mob)

The British army did not even number 250000 and even then they only had 2 divisions capable of actually being fielded in 1938 with the rest of their army scattered around their Empire. On top of that, British policy in 1936-39 was based on the fact that Britain, France, Russia, and Italy combined had barely managed to beat Germany in the First World War, winning only after the USA entered and the subsequent German revolution. Now Germany was acting aggressively again, the USSR was communist, the USA was isolationist, and Italy and Japan had gone over to Germany's side. That left Britain and France alone, and as such they had no serious hope of defeating Germany in a war. The best war plan the British could come up with was to sit on the defensive, blockade Germany for years, and hope that eventually they starved or a revolution broke out again.

British appeasement. <_<

It wasn't until after Germany broke the Munich Agreement that popular opinion in France and Britain started swaying from appeasement. Even after Fall Weiss and Operation Weserübung a large portion of their population did not want to fight the Germans again. It wasn't until the invasion of France that it changed but by then it was to late. Silly democracies, having to listen to their populations...

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Not even close, non-intervention caused WW2, Czechoslovakia was fully mobilized and the German army was not in a position to fight both the Czechs and France. Actually I should be more specific, appeasement led to Germany taking over Western Europe. Japan was already at war with China and their navy would probably still have attacked someone they shouldn't have.

So now you're assuming Germany caused WWII?

*Rolls eyes*

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

So now you're assuming Germany caused WWII?

*Rolls eyes*

You're joking right? Hitler was crazy and wanted a war, he felt cheated after the Munich Agreement.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

And now its Hitlers fault.... Forget the German populace....

All of Germanys actions leading up to war, including Hitlers rise to power, was entirely reactionary.

Hitlers didn't feel cheated. The entire population of Germany was starving at the expense of WWIs victors. The basic human rights of every German citizen were being ignored.

Thus, Germany collectively said "&#33;@#&#036; you" and took what they felt they deserved.

The entire thing could have been avoided had basic human rights been respected by the rest of the world.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I mean, there are two sides to every story.

As WWII victors, we like to ignore the German point of view and somehow like to blame the whole thing on one "psychotic" man.

World wars aren't waged out of boredom and its this same exact ignorant point.of view that causes them.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I mean, there are two sides to every story.

As WWII victors, we like to ignore the German point of view and somehow like to blame the whole thing on one "psychotic" man.

World wars aren't waged out of boredom and its this same exact ignorant point.of view that causes them.

*sigh* The reason nothing happened when Germany remilitarized, why the Anschluss took place, and why Germany was given the Sudetenland at the expense of Czechoslovakia was because the allies felt that German was treated to harshly. They thought Hitler was being bombastic for propaganda and would be more reasonable in private when in fact he was even less so. WW2 may not have happened if a more reasonable man was in control of Germany and the terms against them were lifted, as they more or less were right before the start of the war. Revanchism can be contained, it is not an absolute.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

And Hitler would.have never taken power if the world had been reasonable.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

It's pretty widely accepted by historians that the Treaty of Versailles was a primary cause of the Great Depression, which was a primary cause of World War II.

• Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I've taken this test twice but I still get the same result:
You are an Authoritarian Solidarist. 0 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 71 percent are more extremist than you.

492361_eng.jpg

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

In 1938, France had the largest military in the world. It could have checked Germany, with or without UK support.

Then why did Paris fall in less than a month?

It's pretty widely accepted by historians that the Treaty of Versailles was a primary cause of the Great Depression, which was a primary cause of World War II.

No it isn't and no it wasn't.

• Upvote 1

Then why did Paris fall in less than a month?

Because that was 1940, not 1938, and the German invasion mostly bypassed the French army en route to Paris.

• Upvote 3

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

And now its Hitlers fault.... Forget the German populace....

All of Germanys actions leading up to war, including Hitlers rise to power, was entirely reactionary.

Hitlers didn't feel cheated. The entire population of Germany was starving at the expense of WWIs victors. The basic human rights of every German citizen were being ignored.

Thus, Germany collectively said "!@#$ you" and took what they felt they deserved.

The entire thing could have been avoided had basic human rights been respected by the rest of the world.

I often find.... That despite the validity of this argument, nobody in the western world seems to care.

It is probably because the western world is unimaginabley ignorant of Fascism and why it came to be.

*sigh* The reason nothing happened when Germany remilitarized, why the Anschluss took place, and why Germany was given the Sudetenland at the expense of Czechoslovakia was because the allies felt that German was treated to harshly. They thought Hitler was being bombastic for propaganda and would be more reasonable in private when in fact he was even less so. WW2 may not have happened if a more reasonable man was in control of Germany and the terms against them were lifted, as they more or less were right before the start of the war. Revanchism can be contained, it is not an absolute.

Funny. I actually found Hitler to be the most reasonable world leader of his time. Granted, extremely egotistical.

Most people don't take his life experience into consideration or the fact he was one of the few non-puppet leaders of the time.

Funny. I actually found Hitler to be the most reasonable world leader of his time. Granted, extremely egotistical.

Most people don't take his life experience into consideration or the fact he was one of the few non-puppet leaders of the time.

Because denouncing all other races and exterminating 11 million people is perfectly reasonable. Side note, what major players in WW2 had puppet leaders? The only one that I can see being semi valid is Japan (Army had gained control of the government) and maybe Nationalist China at certain points. Unless you think that Slovakia or Manchukuo counts as major players in WW2. 

Edited by underlordgc

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Because denouncing all other races and exterminating 11 million people is perfectly reasonable. Side note, what major players in WW2 had puppet leaders? The only one that I can see being semi valid is Japan (Army had gained control of the government) and maybe Nationalist China at certain points. Unless you think that Slovakia or Manchukuo counts as major players in WW2.

*6 million people if you only include Jews.

Besides that, there's USSR with about 21 million killed, nearly 8 million being civilians. Poland, where the brunt of the holocaust took place. Numerous other places.

Did you know a million Japanese civilians were indiscriminately massacred too? As well as 2 million Germans?

His denouncing of other races was actually pretty reasonable because the idea behind it isn't what you think it is. Hitler wasn't just a racist psycho, he had very legitimate reasons for wanting Germany to be one race, and one culture. And look what he did with it. He took a nation dying in poverty and made it the most powerful force on the planet.... Challenged the entire planet at once and came unusually close to victory.

He did this because his ideas worked.

On another note, Nazism can actually be applied to pretty much any culture of people. Hence why you see it on every continent in multiple races.

Its not as insane as you think. The problem is, Hitler resorted to extremes that to this day, have permanently stained the philosophy. The basic idea is actually very reasonable. But as much as Id love to explain it all, I believe this is against the rules. So this is my last comment regarding the ideology.

As for puppet leaders, I don't have the solid evidence to back up claims, so Ill agree to disagree.

Edited by Das Bell

As for puppet leaders, I don't have the solid evidence to back up claims, so Ill agree to disagree.

I don't even want to open the can of worms that you posted above this statement (someone else will be more than happy too) so I'll just take this one.

Don't ever claim something and then instead of admitting you were wrong when challenged you try to get away with it by saying "agree to disagree," either admit you were wrong or back up your claim. Spreading false information and then trying to get away with not admitting you were wrong when someone called you out on it is an extremely childish thing to do. You don't even have to have an unbiased source, provide a biased source, I don't care! But don't try and pretend you are correct with nothing to back up your claims. Saying that "you don't have solid evidence to back up your claims"  does not help your situation, in any way, shape or forum. You didn't even provide ONE source, not even Wikipedia, provide something. Anything. But never try and act like you are in the right when you get called out.

Edit: Because I know you will try and turn my statement around on me here is a list of puppet governments during WW2. Most of which were established during World War 2 with the exception of a few places highlighted in light green (although Iraq should probably be highlighted in green as well)

Edited by underlordgc

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Whoah! No Romania on that list? They mention Tanu-Tuva and not Romania? Most people don't don't even know what Tuva is. :P

And we are obviously talking about two different kinds of puppetry. There's a reason I didn't give an argument to that. Believe me, you don't want to hear it. But Im not going to admit to being wrong about something I do not believe I am.

And we are obviously talking about two different kinds of puppetry. There's a reason I didn't give an argument to that. Believe me, you don't want to hear it. But Im not going to admit to being wrong about something I do not believe I am.

State the damn argument and quit &#33;@#&#036; footing around it.

Also to be fair, Romania should be considered a puppet of the Soviets after 1943. They are hardly one of the major eight nations of World War two though.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Romania was a much more significant puppet state than Tuva. In fact, Tuva was just "there" for a brief moment and that is about it.

Romania was also a puppet state of Germany during the Iron Guard.

And maybe Im wrong. Maybe you do want to hear it. But its a definite warn point on my end, so no.

Romania was also a puppet state of Germany during the Iron Guard.

Wasn't really a puppet state so much as a state that allied with the Germans. Hungry on the other hand was taken over by the Germans near the end of the war to prevent them from switching sides.

And maybe Im wrong. Maybe you do want to hear it. But its a definite warn point on my end, so no.

Let me guess, you think that a certain, let's call it a "group" of people either A. manipulated some governments from the shadows or B. Manipulated all the nations from the shadows and brought the world into another world war to benefit themselves. Is that similar to what you believe or is it another crazy theory that I've yet to hear?

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Wasn't really a puppet state so much as a state that allied with the Germans. Hungry on the other hand was taken over by the Germans near the end of the war to prevent them from switching sides.Let me guess, you think that a certain, let's call it a "group" of people either A. manipulated some governments from the shadows or B. Manipulated all the nations from the shadows and brought the world into another world war to benefit themselves. Is that similar to what you believe or is it another crazy theory that I've yet to hear?

Something simaler to A. Im pretty sure the high class Jews didn't just sit back while my ancestors murdered them. In fact, Im positive they didn't.

Would you?

Edit: NVMND the rest. I won't go into that.

Edited by Das Bell

It looks like the topic may have shifted... But here are my results anyway.

M1z4SZJ.png

"You are a Trotskyist. 3 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 13 percent are more extremist than you."

S8SEOnG.png

Edited by Karl Marx
  • Upvote 1

"Your 'order' is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will already 'raise itself with a rattle' and announce with fanfare, to your terror: I was, I am, I will be!" - Rosa Luxemburg