ColWilliam

Hi everybody. I'm Col William Aldridge, Primarch of the Commonwealth of Kent and a Consul and co-founder of the Atlantic League of Commonwealths. Some like me/us, some don't. :)

IRL: Smalltown politician(MWP), Historian, Theologian(All) , combat veteran(Infantry), carpenter(the winter is over and my shop can get a spring cleanin'), gardener(got a wonderful setup for veggies this year), artist(never do enough), bearded

Interests: History, anthropology, theology, philosophy, living history, farming, vape/e-cigs, music(a few favs:Johnny Flynn, Matisyahu, Die Antwoord, Johnny Cash, Flight of the Concords, Bush, Matt&Kim, FleetwoodMac), current events :D , Warhammer(&40K) P&W, Worlds at War, to name just a few

This is just a lil bit, if ya wanna know anything ask away!

-Col Wil :ph34r:

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders"

tumblr_m1b2ktrkZC1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders."

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

if u love world at war, how is it that u hated war? and if u hated war why is it that u declare war? ;)

Please use capitalization and spell out your words, "u" is just particularly lazy. Second, wtf is this supposed to mean? Worlds at War is another game ran by Heidi, war in real life is !@#$ing horrible, I like to stay out of war and conflict but if someone attacks myself or a member of the wonderful ALC, we'll bring the hammer down. I will declare war to defend the ALC. You don't understand the whole fight for peace thing, huh? It's ok, someone who uses "u" probably wouldn't. ;) Back at ya lil man!

• Upvote 2

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

• Administrators

Hello ColWilliam, and welcome to the forum (I know you've been here for some time.)

I have one question for you: what's your favorite color?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I am not a member of any alliance other than the ALC good sir, this is my first nation ever on any nation builder. Also, I used to play minecraft but on a private server. The only person on this game I knew was Liqiud, so I've never even had interaction with anyone here before the ALC. What does the Simmons feller do that makes us so similar?

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

trolllolololol. Lapis, sorry I couldn't uphold to your standards !@#$ face.

If you're going to comment on the grammar and spelling of others, you should hold yourself to a higher standard.

f0f41e8f.png

Sorry, I forgot this was such a sensitive forum, I apologize.

Now, there's a difference between misspelling Lapis and using u's for every use of the word you. Really? Also, I make use of the spell check, I won't lie, and Lapis keeps showing up misspelled even though we both know it is.

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

Interests: History, anthropology, theology, philosophy

Generalized, or do you have any favorites in particular?

I took Biological Anthropology at University and enjoyed it very much. Theology wise, I'm more into the Eastern/Asian stuff. Haven't gotten into Philosophy much outside of the required readings (Plato, Socrates, etc.), but I have enjoyed Thich Nhat Hanh (although I'm sure if he counts as a philosopher or if he's just a Zen Buddhist Monk who's written a lot of books).

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Generalized, or do you have any favorites in particular?

I took Biological Anthropology at University and enjoyed it very much. Theology wise, I'm more into the Eastern/Asian stuff. Haven't gotten into Philosophy much outside of the required readings (Plato, Socrates, etc.), but I have enjoyed Thich Nhat Hanh (although I'm sure if he counts as a philosopher or if he's just a Zen Buddhist Monk who's written a lot of books).

All of it! If I don't know it, i want to. lol

When it comes to history, I entered the field interested in Egyptology(every kid growing up watching Indiana Jones does :) ) Which of course led to other parts of history, AS i got older, my family was big into our history, being of some Normo-Scottish descent, so we went to Highland Games all the time and that got me heavily into the actual Dark Ages, Crusades, and High Middle Ages. This eventually put my interests in the Scandza history of the Germanic Heroic Age and Viking Age, in which 'm involved in the SCA and portray a 6th-10th century Dane. As I entered the military, i grew interested in the US History(very crazy!) and as I got older I've started to truly appreciate all of it. Although, I don't have as much knowledge in the histories and cultures of the Far East, as some do here(I have a decent lil bit).

On anthropology, I enjoy discussing it and debating on processes, behavior, experimental archaeology(This one is really fun!), religion, etc

On theology, all of it, although most of my familiarity is with European, Asian, and historical religions/faiths though. Like above, debate, discussion, and theory as well.

I really get into philosophy when it's involved in the above fields. I don't spend too much time here unless we're doing a discussion that is across the board when it comes to topics. :)

OH! And politics! Frikkin' love politics! Hope this helps, and I'm looking forward to the conversations. :)

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Experimental and theoretical archaeology are the practices of theorizing on what could have existed, and carrying out experiments based on them. We know that we have a very small fraction of history and that much is lost, and daily we are learning that our ancestors were some pretty smart dudes. So it's mostly figuring out the kind of problems of the day and age of whatever era, what they had at hand, and what they could have done with it. Everytime that you hear a new thepry of how the pyramid stones were moved, when they attempt to reproduce that , that's the experimental part. I'm guessing it might've sounded like some "taboo" or weird thing, but not really. It's just a fun aspect of normal archaeology.

Also, I like going out on the deep end when we're having conversations on theory.

-Col William Aldridge

HrSSKkA.jpg?1