Tax bracket

Calvin Coolidge

So I've been thinking about taxes alot. Fighting the commies in my alliance.

So my idea is that you do tax brackets by infrastructure or score and be able to manually set taxes for each bracket in the alliance.

This is just an example, you can change each bracket from 0-100% tax

0-500 score: 0%

500-2000: 10%

2000+: 20%

Or by infrastructure, but I think it's a cool idea

• Upvote 2

Or a retroactive tax that goes by the last time online.

10% for people active within 24 hours

20% for people with 24-48 hours inactive

50% for people with 48-120 hours inactive

100% for people with over 5 days inactive

Also keep a tab for the total amount taxed in each activity amount, letting an alliance easily be able to refund an inactive nation if they ever came back.

(just an example)

Edited by Peacity Peace
  • Upvote 4
Icwalk.gif

It's been suggested before and for some reason has been turned down.

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

Also keep a tab for the total amount taxed in each activity amount, letting an alliance easily be able to refund an inactive nation if they ever came back.

(just an example)

This is a very good idea.

Cmon, dont turn this down. People will love it!

• Upvote 1

(just an example)

The common argument I hear against tax brackets is that people will just tax farm inactives (I don't see the problem with that frankly, but w/e) and this idea kind of plays right into that.

I think another option to do would be manually putting people into specific tax groups too. 

This would be ideal, although somehow I doubt sheepy is going to make since it's been suggested before. I think alliances should have more control over how they hand their members, including custom groups with configurable permissions etc.

Since we are talking about taxes though:

I'd like the ability to set tax rates on specific resources individually instead of all of them. Or, at the very least, a separate tax rate for refined resources and raw resources.

Edited by Sketchy
  • Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

The common argument I hear against tax brackets is that people will just tax farm inactives (I don't see the problem with that frankly, but w/e) and this idea kind of plays right into that.

This would be ideal, although somehow I doubt sheepy is going to make since it's been suggested before. I think alliances should have more control over how they hand their members, including custom groups with configurable permissions etc.

Since we are talking about taxes though:

I'd like the ability to set tax rates on specific resources individually instead of all of them. Or, at the very least, a separate tax rate for refined resources and raw resources.

this is a great idea. being able to tax different resources allows for much more of a diverse production of members and acquisition of needed resources. also wont hurt much members when lets say, the Alliance needs a lot of steel immediately so they put it at 50% but that could hurt income for other resources that members make. Designating specific taxes for specific resources is great. 

the spice girls started the cold war