Sheepy...y u change meaningless things?

dmjohnston

Other than forcing people to rewrite code that uses the API, why rename things? It's silly when there are plenty of other things to work on.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

• Administrators

Hey now; the name changes are part of much larger changes. Name changes can be pushed to the live server no big deal. If you want to know what I'm working on, check out the test server - there's plenty of meaningful improvements going on there.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I concur with the sentiment of the group above. It was best when the Intelligence Agency was called Central Intelligence Agency. However I disagree with the notion or idea that the change was meaningless. Something is meaningless when it conveys no truth value and makes no sense. ie, colorless green ideas sleep furiously. However the logical structure was meaningful, and the change does have an impact even if just slightly. I believe a stronger focus should be placed on communication and the usages of words in conversation or we may lose sigh of all of are points entirely. 

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

CG...I can't even. In a sentence talking about usage of words, you chose an incorrect homophone.

In regard to the changes, it looks like I missed when you changed the city API tags, too. Perhaps some explanation about reasoning beyond, "Hey, I changed these two names," would be more meaningful. All I see is going through code to match what you changed and hoping I didn't miss anything and not seeing the benefit. Not all of us have time to mess around on the test server.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

• Wiki Mod

Oh & updating the wiki to match these types of changes is a headache even with PaWBot. Particularly when you give me incorrect information about whats been changed.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• Administrators

I concur with the sentiment of the group above. It was best when the Intelligence Agency was called Central Intelligence Agency. However I disagree with the notion or idea that the change was meaningless. Something is meaningless when it conveys no truth value and makes no sense. ie, colorless green ideas sleep furiously. However the logical structure was meaningful, and the change does have an impact even if just slightly. I believe a stronger focus should be placed on communication and the usages of words in conversation or we may lose sigh of all of are points entirely. 

How is Central Intelligence Agency better than Intelligence Agency? Intelligence Agency is universal; CIA implies the United States. Not everyone wants their own country to mimic the USA.

Oh & updating the wiki to match these types of changes is a headache even with PaWBot. Particularly when you give me incorrect information about whats been changed.

What incorrect information were you given?

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Wiki Mod

How is Central Intelligence Agency better than Intelligence Agency? Intelligence Agency is universal; CIA implies the United States. Not everyone wants their own country to mimic the USA.

What incorrect information were you given?

05:23:56: <foxes> This is a bad change, Central Intelligence Agency to the Intelligence Agency.
05:24:02: <foxes> CIA is classic
05:24:04: <foxes> IA is nothing
05:24:18: <Darth_Freer> Sheepy: did you change the API
05:24:31: <Sheepy> Nope
05:24:35: <Infice> Oh
05:24:43: <Sheepy> Not recently anyway
05:24:44: <Darth_Freer> are you going to?
05:24:46: <Infice> There's changes on the war screen.
05:24:58: <Sheepy> There's a few cosmetic things
05:25:29: <DrRush> Sheepy: did you add in a displayed number for GAs?
05:26:04: <DrRush> also intelligence agency is a terrible name
05:26:06: <oo> hello
05:26:07: <Sheepy> I added more to the wars screen to elaborate on the icons
05:26:48: <DrRush> since it conflicts with an already established acronym
05:27:08: <Sheepy> Internal Affairs? Or something else?
05:27:17: <Darth_Freer> ya
05:27:31: <DrRush> yeah
05:27:35: <Sheepy> Call it the IntA
05:28:27: <Sheepy> I guess that's probably not much better
05:28:45: <Darth_Freer> I'm just gonna call it.... CIA
05:31:45: <DrRush> Sheepy did you rename anything else?
05:31:59: <DrRush> also how is your regex?
05:32:03: <Doom> Sheepy is a sneaky goat >:|
05:32:29: <Sheepy> Regex is shitty
05:32:36: <Sheepy> And I don't think I've renamed anything else

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• Administrators
05:23:56: <foxes> This is a bad change, Central Intelligence Agency to the Intelligence Agency.
05:24:02: <foxes> CIA is classic
05:24:04: <foxes> IA is nothing
05:24:18: <Darth_Freer> Sheepy: did you change the API
05:24:31: <Sheepy> Nope
05:24:35: <Infice> Oh
05:24:43: <Sheepy> Not recently anyway
05:24:44: <Darth_Freer> are you going to?
05:24:46: <Infice> There's changes on the war screen.
05:24:58: <Sheepy> There's a few cosmetic things
05:25:29: <DrRush> Sheepy: did you add in a displayed number for GAs?
05:26:04: <DrRush> also intelligence agency is a terrible name
05:26:06: <oo> hello
05:26:07: <Sheepy> I added more to the wars screen to elaborate on the icons
05:26:48: <DrRush> since it conflicts with an already established acronym
05:27:08: <Sheepy> Internal Affairs? Or something else?
05:27:17: <Darth_Freer> ya
05:27:31: <DrRush> yeah
05:27:35: <Sheepy> Call it the IntA
05:28:27: <Sheepy> I guess that's probably not much better
05:28:45: <Darth_Freer> I'm just gonna call it.... CIA
05:31:45: <DrRush> Sheepy did you rename anything else?
05:31:59: <DrRush> also how is your regex?
05:32:03: <Doom> Sheepy is a sneaky goat >:|
05:32:29: <Sheepy> Regex is shitty
05:32:36: <Sheepy> And I don't think I've renamed anything else

To be fair, at that point I had not changed the API. I was asked to change it sometime after that point.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Boy you don t want no CIA attention here. That sh&t is branded. They just lookin' for another excuse to not talk about HIllary's email ol' right

But frankly this reminds me of the United Nations Assembly in another similar game... I think these changes were better done now than later. Intelligence Agency is fine with me.

• Upvote 4