Treasures

Andrezj Kolarov

Is there a point to keeping these in the game? No alliance or individual nation is going to risk destruction to go on a crusade to collect multiple treasures, and I've yet to see any examples of treasures influencing world conflicts.

Edited by Andrezj Kolarov
  • Upvote 1

So a massive world war happening in the same week of treasure spawns was just coincidence? it was easily the motivator for the conflict.. (not the politic claims.. i mean its been a month since the political claim started.) The treasures that recently spawned didn't move much this war. but a lot of the older treasures spawns did move quite a bit. no lime nations no longer have a treasure, no olive nations no longer have a treasure. the treasure on purple is a nation in vaca mode (which something sheepy is making sure changes.) treasures defiantly help keep conflicts moving. 

I think treasures that only effect one nation maybe something we see in the future because of how well a bonus helps to create conflict. right now treasure are a bit dull since it is less than 2% of the player population being effected by then, nation treasures would expand this and would possible making raiding something people consider doing rather than this waiting for a large conflict. 

To be fair, TEst raided RnR for their treasures. I suppose the argument could be made that RnR and BoC didn't plan on doing anything about it, but treasures are still somewhat relevant. 

• Upvote 1

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

To be fair, TEst raided RnR for their treasures. I suppose the argument could be made that RnR and BoC didn't plan on doing anything about it, but treasures are still somewhat relevant. 

is this a first? either way, i agree with you.

Treasure might not work as intended, but what they do is give a bonus to those bold or rude or strong enough to take what they want.

Imho there should be more of them, or maby some outher bonuses for going to war. The downsides are massive enough.

• Upvote 3

Ole2.png

is this a first? either way, i agree with you.

Treasure might not work as intended, but what they do is give a bonus to those bold or rude or strong enough to take what they want.

Imho there should be more of them, or maby some outher bonuses for going to war. The downsides are massive enough.

I'm sure it's not a first. It just so happens to be the most recent one that I remember. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.