Extreme Weather Events

Andrezj Kolarov

So these would be random (but rare) extreme weather events. Every turn/day there would be a (small) chance of one happening, and they would last several turns. They would happen in specific Continents, so if a weather event happened in Asia it would only affect nations in Asia.

Snowstorm: Happens in Europe and North America in Winter. Food production reduced by -90%. Reduces effectiveness of all Aircraft -60% (both yours and any attacking enemy Aircraft). Reduces effectiveness of attacking Soldiers and Tanks by 30%. Random chance during battles that some of your Aircraft might crash (destroyed) and some of your Soldiers might die of hypothermia.

Hurricane: Happens in South America, North America and Asia in Summer. Food production reduced by -90%. Reduces effectiveness of all Aircraft -60% (both yours and any attacking enemy Aircraft). Reduces effectiveness of attacking Soldiers and Tanks by 30%. Random chance during battles that some of yours or your enemy's Aircraft might crash (destroyed) and some of your Soldiers might die due to hurricane damage.

Flooding: Happens in South America, North America, Asia and Europe. Food production reduced by -70%. Reduces effectiveness of attacking Soldiers and by 80%. Makes it impossible to use Tanks in ground battles (both yours and any attacking enemy Aircraft). Random chance during battles that some of yours or your enemy's Soldiers might die due to drowning.

Sandstorm: Happens in Australia, Africa and Asia in Summer. Food production reduced by -60%. Reduces effectiveness of all Aircraft -20% (both yours and any attacking enemy Aircraft). Reduces effectiveness of attacking Soldiers and Tanks by 30%.

Heatwave: Happens in Asia, Africa, Asia and South America in Summer. Food production reduced by -50%. Reduces effectiveness of attacking Soldiers by 30%. Random chance during battles that some of yours or your enemy's Soldiers might die due to dehydration.

Volcano Eruption (Sky Ash): Very Rare. Happens in all Continents and all Seasons. Makes it impossible to launch Aircraft attacks (both yours and any attacking enemy Aircraft).

Notes: *Obviously if two or more nations are on the same Continent and at war with each other, they would both suffer the same battle penalties.

*The numbers are just something I improvised, so don't take them as scripture, this is just a basic idea.

• Upvote 2

I believe these are in the works. Just not the war part. Correct me if i'm wrong Alex.

I guess there would be two types of events, those that affect a nation alone and those that affect parts of the world or the whole world.

• Administrators

Have any idea where it is on the pecking order? Will it come during the summer, later this year, maybe next year?

Pretty low. We'll see how much work I get done this summer. Current priority is City Templates; next priority is War System. I'm always interested in adding more things for the player to do, so having national events that you have to deal with every isn't something I want to put off indefinitely.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Wiki Mod

I'd much rather see meaningful updates, not random events for the sake of randomness.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• Administrators

I'd much rather see meaningful updates, not random events for the sake of randomness.

Events that affect resource production would be meaningful, as it adds randomly generated shocks to the economy. This makes it less predictable and more volatile, which is more fun for people trying to "play" the market.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Wiki Mod

Not when the war system is still broken.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Not when the war system is still broken.

It sounds like the system is only going to get worse, from what I've heard in the podcast. Events like these will add more dynamism to the trade market (inflated prices during mass famine, lower during good harvests, etc.) and will add a bit of flavour to the war system.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Also, I think that we should at least have some more logic to the volcano thing. Like it will choose a place that a volcano would be likely to occur, then it will choose a random affected radius. So let's say it chooses a place near asia on the Ring of Fire. Then it says all nation in a... say... 2,000 mile radius will be affected (uhhh it's a huge volcano). Also, if it was a large volcano (like what I just said), and it was in the ocean or near the ocean, all places near the coast of that ocean within a certain radius will be affected by a tsunami.

• Upvote 1

This is very small