Do nuclear attacks destroy soldiers, tanks, planes, etc?

Baumgilad

only if they destroy a military improvement that would be needed to house them.  So if you had max troops, and a nuke killed a barracks, you would lose 3k soldiers.

^ This

new_forum_sig_2.png

only if they destroy a military improvement that would be needed to house them.  So if you had max troops, and a nuke killed a barracks, you would lose 3k soldiers.

Huh, that is a nice touch. Does it actually say in the battle report how many soldiers or tanks etc that you lost if a nuke hits a military improvement? If not it would be cool if it did, just for information purposes.

I hate to have to point this out but, in a densely populated city (which no one in this game has) a nuclear strike would destroy a lot more improvements than just two,  And in a sparsely populated area (which is pretty much every city in P&W) you'd probably only be able to destroy one improvement, and only if you targeted it in the first place.

It's the difference between detonating a nuclear weapon over Hong Kong and detonating one over some random part of Outer Mongolia,

I hate to have to point this out but, in a densely populated city (which no one in this game has) a nuclear strike would destroy a lot more improvements than just two,  And in a sparsely populated area (which is pretty much every city in P&W) you'd probably only be able to destroy one improvement, and only if you targeted it in the first place.

It's the difference between detonating a nuclear weapon over Hong Kong and detonating one over some random part of Outer Mongolia,

Good point. Thank you for explaining this (and thanks also to everybody who responded).

It's mostly a balance thing I guess.