Request for NatRP Team to Moderate its Moderation and Respect its Own Rules

I would like to request that the newly selected members of the NatRP moderate their level of moderation and follow the rules themselves.

Yesterday, a player began setting up his in-depth news thread. Before the player could complete setting up the thread, his thread was already getting (red)marked-up with a warning for being too short.

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12840-times-of-ermber/

Then, that same NatRP member goes and responds with a three worder on someone else's in-depth thread:

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12805-history-of-velika/

My request is simple. Since it was decided (without all that much consultation with the community) to select particular active RP members to moderate other active RP members, that there should be a little care to not be sloppy or worse, hypocritical, with respect to their moderating.

Thank you for your considerations.

PS, Congratulations to the members of the NatRP Team on their selection.

Edited by Tyro Leif
  • Upvote 4

ScientificHumanism.png

I quite agree, especially since the player in particular only popped up about a week ago.

We're trying to encourage new players to join the RP, not shoo them away...

At least he could have sounded less threatening...

• Upvote 3
pwzK3cd8SS65e9vYtF-QIQ.png

Just because one member made a hiccup doesn't mean you can blame the entire team as a whole. But yeah i'll talk to him about it. 

Edited by Solaris

Just because one member made a hiccup doesn't mean you can blame the entire team as a whole. But yeah i'll talk to him about it.

Sorry, I didn't blame the team, I simply pointed out the actions of one member and requested that that type of heavy-handed moderation be itself moderated a bit. You guys and gals want to be respected, not hated. I'm just trying to preemptively forestall conflicts between the greater player community and this select team.

Thank you for understanding nonetheless.

Edited by Tyro Leif

ScientificHumanism.png

Seems like NatRP mod thinks he is entitled vecause he doesn't have to follow the rules too. Rest assured, hopefully you get message to rhat NatRP mod.

• Upvote 2

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

Posts from other players on threads such as National News and History timelines should not be allowed.

Why not? Replies on those types of threads lets the poster know that people are reading what they post. It's also interesting to hear the responses of other nation leaders on the events happening in one's own country.

• Upvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

Yay First post in OOC! 

Lets just remember to keep it all civil - there is no need to point fingers, just address the issue. Tyro - great job providing the examples and links. Also, as far at the NatRP team, I did post a few times asking if people would be interested in forming a team and I did create this post outlining the team where I got a few more members to join. None of this was done without the community in mind.

As solaris said - we will talk to Alexei and create better standards of practice for the team. 

This is the stuff I like to see though, shows you guys are interested in changing the NatRP community and I hope we can do that together. I also want to note that in the future the NatRP Team - with exclusion of the moderators - will not be posting in threads identifying issues. They are primarily there to act as a mouth between Moderation and NatRP, so that we can understand the stories, territories, and all that stuff. It is hard to follow that close as a moderator and correctly moderate the forum.

Thanks all.

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

Why not? Replies on those types of threads lets the poster know that people are reading what they post. It's also interesting to hear the responses of other nation leaders on the events happening in one's own country.

Because its annoying and clutters the post.

bRejPUy.jpg

Because its annoying and clutters the post.

If the rules are being followed and the comments remain IC, it shouldn't be so.

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

If the rules are being followed and the comments remain IC, it shouldn't be so.

I think the reason she thinks that is because most of the replies are from people who are arguing with each other and going so out of topic, it seems to be usual nowdays.

pwzK3cd8SS65e9vYtF-QIQ.png