What is considered an 'Established' Alliance?

What is considered an established alliance?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE

• More Members
    • Avg Score
    • More Score

I may be a little bias. However I will start by saying yeah, it is a "whatever you precieve" sort of deal, however in my days, I can clearly see that even a small alliance can be established, or a new one. Like The good/short days of the Political Pirates. I Would consider them quite influential for having at most under 10 members, so singular nation popularity plays a major role in creating a new alliance. Albeit it will say no more on that matter, I will state another point.

Community I believe is the single most important aspect, and this is where some bias come in. However as many people have already said, most alliances that have an active community and talk to each other, have an active IRC, or forums become bonded with one another and that is a special thing. People that pay taxes and fill out forms for grants/loans etc is not an alliance, it is a bunch of people huddled around a brokers desk waiting for their city/project timers to clock up, or to fund a larger army. An alliance protects each other, and supports all the same, both mentally, and monetarily. There is not much really to say other than that on this topic, essentially both influence in the Orbis-wide community of a singular/multiple nation(s) forming together, and/or internal-alliance-community itself.

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

That's fighting talk

No reason to get all hot and bothered and getting things into bunches.....just sayin' what most folks were/are thinkin'.  I know the truth can be a little painful from time to time, but everyone eventually gets over it.

X4EfkAB.png

For me its more about having a stable score and the ability to hold on to your members. If you cant maintain members then what is the point. Without having consistent members, you can't get that community feel that in my opinion is vital for any established alliance.

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

No reason to get all hot and bothered and getting things into bunches.....just sayin' what most folks were/are thinkin'. I know the truth can be a little painful from time to time, but everyone eventually gets over it.

I agree that when someone comes into a game space that people considered "theirs" and beats the previous players - there are hurt feelings and bunched panties.

-signature removed for rules violation-

The line doesn't really exist, whether an alliance is established or not is an "eye of the beholder" thing

It's community really. I could probably leave Rose, run an ad promising to pay for new players second cities and get a dozen scrubs under my sway in a month. But if we aren't interacting, we aren't an alliance. And if you don't interact with the community at large, you are basically non existent to them. If a tree gets rolled in the woods, does anyone see the salt posts?

These two said it best. 

I certainly agree that it's in the eye of the beholder. From my perspective, the age of the alliance as well as the length the members (especially leaders) have been in the alliance stand out. I also believe activity and communication within the alliance are essential in creating a solid "established" alliance. Having a foundation set of good diplomacy as well as experience in warfare are keep components as well.  

Elder and Minister of Finance for The Coalition