Papal Elections

Ikhan

chirhoao.gif

With the death of the late Pope Francisco, we the followers of Christianity have come forth to choose a new pope for the Church.

Chernigovan Bishop Leonid Rudenko is the Chernigovan candidate for pope. If people from other Christian States wish to nominate a someone else for the office, feel free to do so now. 

Narvan, although not being a Christian nation, still has christians within it, and thus supports Cardinal Yarska Andemellon of Narvan.

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Finland maintains a relatively high Christian demographic, with the two greatest denominations being Finnish Orthodoxy and Swedish Protestantism.

The Churches of Finland have held a short gathering, and hereby let it be known that Finland cast its vote for Cardinal Yarska Andemellon of Narvan.

we into halp narvan into relevance.

• Upvote 1

The Polish Orthodox Church has wearily observed the present situation. Should the Chernigovan candidate emerge as Bishop of Rome, the Imperial Republic of Poland would be put on high alert to prevent any Latin or Uniate crusades against the Orthodox faith.

Preferably, the papacy ends with Francis. Orthodoxy should return to the Patriarchate of the West, with the Bishop of Rome renouncing the false claims of infallibilty and universal jurisdiction.

Edited by Klemens Hawicki
  • Upvote 1

No no, don't worry, we will never make war on a fellow christian nation.

Also, it is more of a patriarchate now...

Chernigov would not necessarily wage war against Poland. However, as 'Pontifex Maximus' and 'Universal Head', the pope could call on other nations to attack Orthodox Poland. 

In short, the Imperial Republic of Poland would be far more assured if the Chernigovan candidate renounces the pronouncements of the First Vatican Council.

The Polish Orthodox Church has wearily observed the present situation. Should the Chernigovan candidate emerge as Bishop of Rome, the Imperial Republic of Poland would be put on high alert to prevent any Latin or Uniate crusades against the Orthodox faith.

Preferably, the papacy ends with Francis. Orthodoxy should return to the Patriarchate of the West, with the Bishop of Rome renouncing the false claims of infallibilty and universal jurisdiction.

You can veto any candidate you disapprove of as can everyone else. Papal elections generally take a long, long time. Also the Pope will not have any military or political power in Rome but will just be the leader of the Church. His power would be religious authority and would not originate in Rome unless the Calondian military supported such a crusade, which we wouldn't. Our enemies are the heretic witches and infected. We won't get involved other then safeguarding Rome from future nuclear attacks and infected hordes.

You can veto any candidate you disapprove of as can everyone else. Papal elections generally take a long, long time. Also the Pope will not have any military or political power in Rome but will just be the leader of the Church. His power would be religious authority and would not originate in Rome unless the Calondian military supported such a crusade, which we wouldn't. Our enemies are the heretic witches and infected. We won't get involved other then safeguarding Rome from future nuclear attacks and infected hordes.

As an Orthodox nation, the Imperial Republic of Poland does not participate in Conclaves. Simply put, the Polish Orthodox Church is not in communion with the Latin church. 

However, that has not stopped Latins from attacking Orthodox lands and peoples.

Officially, as the pope is dead and in effect, the papacy is no more, we are declaring that the patriarchate of rome is restored.

Excellent. At long last the Roman heresy has finally ended.

His Eminence, Stanisław, Patriarch of the Polish Orthodox Church, will seek to renew communion with the new Roman Patriarch after the election.

As an Orthodox nation, the Imperial Republic of Poland does not participate in Conclaves. Simply put, the Polish Orthodox Church is not in communion with the Latin church. 

However, that has not stopped Latins from attacking Orthodox lands and peoples.

I don't have the authority to renounce the pronouncements of the First Vatican Council or any council.

Also yes, anyone can propose a candidate and anyone can veto. Hopefully through discussion an acceptable leader can be chosen, however after a candidate is chosen, absolutely no other foreign military can enter Rome to militarize the office.

I don't have the authority to renounce the pronouncements of the First Vatican Council or any council.

Also yes, anyone can propose a candidate and anyone can veto. Hopefully through discussion an acceptable leader can be chosen, however after a candidate is chosen, absolutely no other foreign military can enter Rome to militarize the office.

Chernigov has declared the restoration of the Patriarchate of Rome. Furthermore, it is technically possible to renounce a council. Should a council, through its composition and level of acceptance, not be considered ecumenical, then said council is no longer binding. 

Since the First Vatican Council is not accepted by one of the Patriarchal candidates (Chernigov's Leonid Rudenko) and several other Churches of Apostolic Succession, coupled with incomplete episcopal attendance during the 1870-1871 sessions, the First Vatican Council cannot be considered ecumenical and therefore, it is decrees are not part of Christian orthodoxy.

"Chernigov has declared the restoration of the Patriarchate of Rome" Technically he has no authority to do so, although he is correct since the Papacy is destroyed.

That is fine with us however but remember that the others can still elect who they choose either Roman or Greek or any other nationality.

Whoever is elected, the position will be simply symbolic. Anyways congrats on ending the schism if your candidate gets elected.

The reality is we are annexing Roma into our state in the hope of in the future rebuilding Italty, though this will take years since the last Pope nuked and destroyed Italy, since we have little to no Christian demographics we are handing over the religious authority of the Vatican to the Christians. However the actual Vatican is destroyed so really nothing is being handed over except tradition. We are making an effort to rebuild Vatican City for Christian use however this as well will take some years. This is also an issue that probably needs to be addressed.

*Has no clue has this thing goes*

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

4XP1OQ.png

THE WINTER CONCORDANT

OFFICIAL KOMMUNIQUE

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Winter Concordant condemns the Roman Catholic Church, and the the Eastern Orthodox Church for worshiping their false idols. His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Kaiser Grinsen von Winterlich, High Shepherd  of the Abrahamic Faith within the Concordant, is both skeptical and disgusted regarding such a divisive religious element. The time of the Church, Temple, Synagogue, and Mosque has gone. The time of God's people united under a single banner is nigh. For centuries Christians, Jews, and Muslim's have slaughtered each other in the name of their God. The Great Hall of Abraham has arisen. Your singular faith's are a testimate to your ignorance. The one true God of the three holy texts reserves the eighth circle of hell for false prophets. HIRM requests that your nations discontinue the worship of a monotheistic faith, and be submitted into the Great Hall of Abraham as a follower of the God of the three holy texts. It is the belief of the Abrahamic Faith that the Lord on High created the Bible, the Quran, and the Torah so that his creation might better understand his omnipresent teachings.

As the High Shepherd of the Great Hall of Abraham I will pray for your souls, Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Muslim alike. The Shepherd's of Abraham shall soon commit to the greatest human pilgrimage of all time, spreading the holy word of the God of Abraham among all those nations from which they can gain entry. A new day is dawning.

Writ,

HIRM Kaiser Grinsen von Winterlich,

High Sphepherd of the Abrahamic Faith,

The Winter Concordant

Edited by Grinsen Winterlich

THE WINTER CONCORDANT

0zki0U.png

*Has no clue has this thing goes*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_conclave

It is done by this process, not by some sort of open public election.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

I think this is the end of the western Popanity, as Rome has been nuked and lamp-posted and it's overrun by zombies...

Not at all, but another Pope must be elected.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

I give my candidate.

Abu Abdal-Yasu Ishaq bin Botros  Al-Nasrani Al-Basriyy.

The Wazir of The Nasarah in Arabia

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason