Spy Ransom Suggestion

Printer635

This is just a little extra feature to the existing system:

The idea:

When Spies are captured during an operation, include a certain level of chance for the defending nation to offer the captured spies back for a ransom (Neither nation will have control over this)

The ransom will be a fixed value per spy ie $25,000 (50% of purchase cost) and will automatically be sent to the defending nation and they will receive their captured spies back.

However, the use of the spies for offensive operations will be locked out for a number of days relative to the number of spies returned ie Number of days it would take to rebuy the spies + 2.

The spies will still be available to be used defensively to protect against espionage attacks against the nation. 

Example:

Nation A has 50 spies and Nation B has 50 spies

Nation A conducts Espionage attack against Nation B and Nation A loses 8 spies doing so.

Nation B gets sent $200,000 Ransom (Based on $25,000 per spy example given)

Nation A gets 8 spies back 

Nation A can only conduct another spy op with a total of 42 spies

Nation B conducts a spy op on Nation A with 50 spies vs 50 spies

Nation A will get full use of their spies again in 4 + 2 (from example given) days

Issues

There is the issue that after conducting the op the attacking nation may have no cash left to provide a ransom. To resolve this the chance of receiving this event would be 0 if there are insufficient funds.

Edit:

Alternative: 

Lock all the spies out for 2 days then drip feed access to the spies back 2 per day. <---Thought about it, don't like it now

Edited by Printer635
  • Upvote 1

The entire point of assassinating spies is to get rid of them. If I spend 1.3 million on an attack that kills 10 spies, I don't want them to magically reappear in exchange for a paltry 250k.

Praise Dio. Every &#33;@#&#036;ing day.

The entire point of assassinating spies is to get rid of them. If I spend 1.3 million on an attack that kills 10 spies, I don't want them to magically reappear in exchange for a paltry 250k.

Their spies wouldn't be revived, if yours were caught after the assassination you would potentially get yours back not them.

I think there's potential in this. Just needs to be worked out better. I think it would be pretty cool.

"Experience demands that man is the only animal which devours his own kind, for I can apply no milder term to the general prey of the rich on the poor."