New Spy Operation: Sabotage Resources

Caecus

Admittedly, I didn't put too much thought into this. 

A new spy operation to destroy (not steal) an enemy resource. For example, if you conducted the operation, you would be able to destroy munitions, or gas, or aluminium, or steel, or (heaven forbid!) uranium or another energy resource. This would be quite different from sabotaging an enemy's resource production. This is just straight on sabotage of whatever the enemy has on hand. 

Pros: 

1. This operation now makes the "gathering intelligence" op more useful, so that if you do end up destroying another resource, you do it for the maximum benefit. 

2. Diversifies project builds, promoting the purchasing of the CIA project for a more immediate effect. 

3. Includes a much more tactical use of spies outside of sabotaging strategic weapons like missiles or nukes. Sabotaging an energy resource may result in the enemy losing power to critical military structures. *wink wink*

Cons: 

1. Very difficult to not make too op or a waste of text space. 

2. When someone is losing bad, this op could potentially make it so someone losing will never have a comeback for the duration of the war. 

What do you guys think?

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

• Administrators

I like it, but you make an excellent point:

Cons:

1. Very difficult to not make too op or a waste of text space. 

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Arson!  Destroys a certain percentage of a random good.

Maybe. I feel like targeting a particular resource would be awesome though. Perhaps make multiple levels, with a cheaper option to destroy a random good, and a more expensive one to target a particular good? Or maybe make it so that the more expensive you make the operation, the more destructive it is?

If you want to sabotage a certain percentage of the resource, it could be 1% = $ 1000 for 100 resources, 1%= 2000 for 200 so on x by how covert the operation is (1,1.5,2) plus operation costs of how covert it is + average price of resource on market divided by 2 x how much you are stealing. So it would be like this

Tx1000xC+U+Y Y=I/2xM T=M

T=percentage of resource

C=what type of operation you are doing(quick and dirty, normal precautions, etc)

U=costs of (quick and dirty, normal precautions,etc)

Y=cost of avg price of resource on market/2

I=cost of avg price of resource on market

M=how much you are stealing

I believe T and M would be equal

Make changes if you like sheepy, the variable C might not be nessisary.