GAY MARRIAGE IS NOW LEGAL IN ALL STATES ��💛💚💙💜

Alexander

As much as I support the new federal ruling, I agree that you are not representing his view.

Obviously a libertarian Rand Paul supporter, he is implying that states, being individual communities should decide for themselves. Each state in the US as a federal republic is basically it's own nation, bound together by a treaty called the constitution. Each state is allowed to make it's individual laws.

I think Chickensguy comes into contradiction with other views expressed in other topics here, and I disagree with his ideas in this thread, but I don't think this specific view can be equated to a will to oppress homosexuality.

Its a good thing that the U.S isnt a confederacy

rAeM.gif

PoJQyFJ.gif

As much as I support the new federal ruling, I agree that you are not representing his view. 

Obviously a libertarian Rand Paul supporter, he is implying that states, being individual communities should decide for themselves. Each state in the US as a federal republic is basically it's own nation, bound together by a treaty called the constitution. Each state is allowed to make it's individual laws. 

I think Chickensguy comes into contradiction with other views expressed in other topics here, and I disagree with his ideas in this thread, but I don't think this specific view can be equated to a will to oppress homosexuality. 

This may very well be true but I can't help but notice that those who oppose gay marriage justify it with "states rights".  As if it gives the argument more weight.  Even if he is a supporter of it but thinks states can ban it if they wish, I still find this incredibly obscene.  I see no reason why it should be allowed that states be able to strip individuals of equality because local governments have more "rights" than individuals.  Especially coming from libertarians who are supposively supporters of personal freedom... except when it just so happens to go against their own opinions.  No problem at all outlawing things in that case.

Personally I think government should be out of marriage entirely but since I don't see that ever happening then the marriage contract should be extended to all consenting adults who want to take part.

There are no men like me, there is only me