Support for Foreign Latin Characters

Alexander

I renamed my country Brazil to reflect my connection to the culture (the previous name was Carthage). As you probably know, the official language of Brazil is Portuguese. Portuguese uses the same latin alphabet that English uses, with the exception of a few (á,é,í,ó,ú,ã,õ,ç,ê) [those are the only ones I can think of right now].

With the new addition with the factbook (which is great btw) there are certain names I would like to add.

For example:

In the factbook edit page I can successfully type in:

The first European to colonize Brazil was Pedro Ãlvarez Cabral on April 22, 1500.

The first European to colonize Brazil was Pedro Álvares Cabral on April 22, 1500

But as you can see, it doesn't end up that way. I'm assuming that this is because of lack of support for these characters (despite the fact that when I type it in to factbook edit page, it shows up fine) it is when you hit save changes that the final product shows no support.

I would also like to edit my city names to reflect actual Brazilian cities like São Paulo, but It gives you this:

Error:

Your city name can only contain letters, numbers, and white space.

I have no idea how difficult it is to add support, but if you find the time, please add support for these characters and I'm sure other role-playing/realistic nations would really like to take advantage of this.

• Upvote 2

-- Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. --

e6Iegl7.jpg

Absolutely, i'll run myself into a problem the day i'll found my "Böhmen & Mähren" Province(City) -.-'    Bohemia&Moravia?  

And in the Factbook the same. I need Ää Üü Öö and  ÃŸ    Q_Q

30 °C    <-  30°C   @ Climate window

“New Plan”    <- Quotation marks "text"

Heckler & Koch    &  Symbol

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

I've enabled foreign/special characters in city names, and in your factbooks.

Do whatever you want sheep. But just a heads up, people will use this to avoid your filters.

There aren't any "filters" in-game.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link