Totalitarianism?

Pol Pot

Do you think Totalitarianism has a place in modern society?

I think the only way people can be happy and free from exploition, is to get rid of personal freedoms, as they allow other people to exploit each other and get rid of capitalism, as it allows the upper class to exploit the working class. Then we will be free and happy.

I think the only way people can be happy and free from exploition, is to get rid of personal freedoms, as they allow other people to exploit each other and get rid of capitalism, as it allows the upper class to exploit the working class. Then we will be free and happy.

1984_gray318.jpgNot sure if trolling. I'll bite, though.

Do you really not see totalitarianism as also exploitative? That eliminating freedom will bring freedom? That's some industrial-strength doublethink.

• Upvote 2

hxvRjGK.jpg

The idea of a few people controling the lives of the many might be faintly palatable if the few people were wonderfully smart, farsighted, and incorruptible but history has shown us the few have aspirations that greatly outstrip their abilities. I have a recurring fantasy in which I meet a totalitarian leader who is humble and enjoys analyzing his/her motives. :)

6hu5nt.jpg

I have a recurring fantasy in which I meet a totalitarian leader who is humble and enjoys analyzing his/her motives. :)

Pardon me Solomon while i take a wrecking ball to that fantasy for a moment you can put it back together when i am done.

Even in the most top down government model the Great Leader still has minions and can't be expected to watch them every moment of everyday so even if the Great Leader is the most just leader you can imagine the minions will still commit terrible crimes in the name of the Great Leader.

Pardon me Solomon while i take a wrecking ball to that fantasy for a moment you can put it back together when i am done.

Even in the most top down government model the Great Leader still has minions and can't be expected to watch them every moment of everyday so even if the Great Leader is the most just leader you can imagine the minions will still commit terrible crimes in the name of the Great Leader.

Thank god for culpable minions.

6hu5nt.jpg

I don't think there is no middle in this question, you are either for it or not. Once Freedom has been born, it will not die.

I am absolutely against Totalitarianism and I am stunned by such a question in the Modern World. Totalitarianism could exist, but shortly lived or nearly exiled out of the Modern World (N. Korea, Iran, Vietnam).

tumblr_inline_mzvjuvBbSI1rpp474.gif

ok

in a free society, guns are allowed and children get shot in their schools as a result

however, if the goverment blocked personal freedoms here, children wouldn't get shot and families wouldn't be heart broken

goverment control is needed for happy people

ok

in a free society, guns are allowed and children get shot in their schools as a result

however, if the goverment blocked personal freedoms here, children wouldn't get shot and families wouldn't be heart broken

Let me let you in on a little secret: banning something only means people who obey the law don't have it. So banning guns obviously means that all criminals will hand over their guns because it is against the law right? Oh wait...

• Upvote 1

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

ok

First things first. For a person to shoot children in schools, there are only two possibilities. 1. The person is clinically insane (at which point we will drag him/her to the psychologist) 2. see number 1.

Everything has a risk, like it or not. Okay, so you want a safe and happy environment for everyone using the government? Easy! Just ban everything, control every action, every thought, every second. And.... voila! You have made a 110% safe place for your people!

(small print: such a society is also commonly known as a "prison")

PnW spy brag.png

But wait! There's more...

Giving guns to the populace is instrumental in regulating the government. Every fascist state, from A-Dolphin Hitler to YouSolve Stalin began their reign of terror with denying gun rights to their people. When their people cannot resist against unfair and discriminative policies (because a knife stuck to a stick with tape most likely can't beat a MG42), everything goes to shit.

p.s. Plz no dictatorship of the proletariat :(

PnW spy brag.png

ok

And in non-free societies children get shot by their own governments.

alalam_635422677457767836_25f_4x3.jpg

Nothing wrong there, though.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

No.

As to your rationale, why do you thing that "exploitation" (whatever that means) is the impetus to human happiness? Further, why then hinder the ability of people to flourish? Are we to believe we can just "hammer" the individuals for the greater good? Nah, I don't buy it.

ok

You can still kill someone by bashing their heads on a tree, so I don't think the removal of guns will solve human violence.

http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

Jesus Christ! What the actual flying monkey &#33;@#&#036;!? Totalitarianism sounds so great!

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

(Just to talk in a out of character perspective) It only has a place for people who are !@#$ed in the brain where slaughtering people is the way to keep people from breaking the law. I'll be really honest.. Totalitarianism is just something that should just be abolished.

Edited by 0zon3