Tanks need tweaked

Pax

With your 1700 infra cities, missiles would be the sole weapon used by me in a war between us.

whats the least infra someone would have to have for you to use anything else? Is there anyone in your range with this amount of infra? Does the answer to these two question only serve to enforce the point of tanks being too expensive and something you have wasted money on?

T7Vrilp.png

Well, I have decided to store 15 in peacetime.  In wartime, I'll probably have 3 targets.  If that's true, I'll use a lot of missiles in 5 days, and for my second round of wars, I'll need to do non-missile attacks since I can't buy enough missiles to last that long.  Against opponents with no missiles but a missile wonder, I'll also want to do naval attacks to block their access to resources needed to buy missiles.

Moral of story:  Maybe store 20 missiles?

Maybe its better to admit that I'm wrong and I have too many tanks?

I had the most tanks in the last war.  I still have the most tanks.  I don't want to give up my shinies.

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy

Duke of House Greyjoy

• Administrators

We've suggested this many many times, sheepy is unwilling to make tanks cheaper.

There's already a ton of resources in the game, and tanks are one of the few major resource sinks. I would like to see it that way so that everyone isn't sitting on thousands of units of steel :P

Note: this possibly no longer applies if sheepy comes in here and maths me up with some formula on how tanks work showing that they don't actually just get counted as super-strong soldiers.

They're a bit more than just super strong soldiers. Their casualties are calculated differently (they die less) and kill more enemies than soldiers do.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

the thing is that ground attacks only cost 3 points, whereas an air attack costs 4 points, making it a lot easier to attack and then immediately get ground control than air control, because you start instantly with 2 attacks, whereas with air, even the best-timed attack would take over 2 hours to be able to attack twice

strategically, merely halving tank count isn't even that great for air control. you know what you could do? make air control count against soldiers and tanks (but for a lesser amount like 33.33%) and i bet you'd see more people opting for tanks without messing with the strength formula

• Upvote 1

You guys are forgetting the WORST problem involving tanks. You are able to buy a 30 ton war machine, a 30 TON TANK and you are able to buy it for 60 dollars and only 1!!! ton of steel!!!

​WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS????????

"Head-shots for days"

You guys are forgetting the WORST problem involving tanks. You are able to buy a 30 ton war machine, a 30 TON TANK and you are able to buy it for 60 dollars and only 1!!! ton of steel!!!

​WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS????????

The people of Orbis has mass teleportation capable of moving entire armies across the world and the ability to summon new taxpaying citizens fully grown the moment they build new houses and you choose to question how they manage to turn 1 ton of steel into a 30 ton tank?

The people of Orbis has mass teleportation capable of moving entire armies across the world and the ability to summon new taxpaying citizens fully grown the moment they build new houses and you choose to question how they manage to turn 1 ton of steel into a 30 ton tank?

Why yes, yes I do. or wait, how about ships, you are able to build a 1000 ton ship with only 25 tons of steel, but its the opposit for planes, your able to build a 1 and a half ton plane, but it takes 3 tons of aluminum. WTF. lol

"Head-shots for days"