Most Powerful Countries in the Real World

The United States has the strongest military, most nukes, biggest Military budget, and biggest GDP. therefore surpassing russia by a small amount. the amount of ships, tanks, aircraft, and missles will come out next week

No. We do not have the most nukes. You're only counting active warheads ready to fire. Russia has WAY more land weapons than any nation on the planet and including ICBM's in these things defeats the purpose of such comparisons.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I still disagree with your list. You've left out many factors.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Agreed, and like I've said many times, they'll come out. And you're looking at the wrong source about nukes.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Agreed, and like I've said many times, they'll come out. And you're looking at the wrong source about nukes.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you.

I'm not sure where you're looking but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_with_nuclear_weapons

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

:facepalm:

Russia may have more total, but us has more "active" ones

Russia may have more total, but us has more "active" ones

Well either way, I will still reject a list that takes nuclear capabilities into account.

Also, out of curiosity, what is your formula for calculating the rankings?

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

-_- I've said it too may times

I just re-read every comment in the thread and..... No you didn't....

That's OK though. It's not like there needs to be a formula or anything to produce a valid ranking. Why do all that math when you can just eyeball !@#$ and throw it together in whatever order sounds good?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Based on the amount of stuff that I have, it depends on other things like pop, soldiers and warheads,

The United States has the strongest military, most nukes, biggest Military budget, and biggest GDP. therefore surpassing russia by a small amount. the amount of ships, tanks, aircraft, and missles will come out next week

Now if you'd please leave me alone.

Now if you'd please leave me alone.

lol. Yep. So the whole idea is basically eyeball shit and put it where it looks good. Whatever you say dude. :rolleyes:

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Why I trust GFP over your eyeballing.

They have an actual formula...

The GFP list makes use of over 50 factors to determine each nation's Power Index ("PwrIndx") score. This provides the final ranking and allows smaller, technologically-advanced, nations to compete with larger, lesser-developed ones. Some bonuses (and penalties) are added for refinement. In the end, we hope it presents an unbiased outlook on the potential conventional military strength of a given country if only to stir some healthy debate.

Things to keep in mind:

• Nuclear capability is NOT taken into account
• Geographical factors influence every country's ranking
• Ranking does not solely rely on total number of weapons available
• Natural resource reliance (use/production) is taken into account
• Land-locked nations are NOT penalized for lack of a standing navy
• Naval powers ARE penalized for limited naval capabilities
• Current political/military leadership is NOT taken into account

As of 04/03/2014 there are a total of 106 countries included in the GFP database. Due to the amount of data involved, adjustments are ongoing and corrections still being considered.

Partial Sources: CIA.gov, CIA World Factbook, wikipedia.com, public domain print and media sources and user contributions. Some values may be estimated when official sources are lacking.

©2006-2015 www.GlobalFirepower.com. All Rights Reserved. No Reproduction Permitted. Material presented throughout this website is for entertainment value and is only as accurate as the sources allow.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

China is eventually going to leapfrog Russia as #2, but I doubt they will be able to reach the US anytime soon. Mostly given that China is bounded by Russia, India, Japan, South Korea, and Vietnam. They have an unstable Pakistan and Afghanistan to their West, and are occupying Tibetan and Uighur lands. They have so many internal and border sticking points that they will not be able to project their power internationally as well as the US can, or even Britain or France. 

Maybe that'll change when China establishes a clear hegemoney over the entirety of Eastern Eurasia. But I doubt it'll come to that.

• Upvote 2
http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

Nope.

I also should make a section for countries that get the most snow in a winter (and in the summer). Maybe a tree count. Both of those, Canada would get.

From what I have heard it's Russia

EDIT: Wrong quote ._. I mean most Internet usage per citizen

Edited by Pwnius Scrubius
  • Upvote 1

China should definetly be second, and in few years it will overtake USA

Not when our naval and air power makes them look pathetic.

Russia's air power is also superior to China. Land based weapons is completely one sided in favor of Russia. China however has 2 things on it's side: Manpower and purchasing power. In terms of Naval strength, I'd say Russia and China are fairly an even match considering I still don't think that China has ever gotten their aircraft carrier working. In terms of resources, Russia wins that hands down.

So I disagree with the assumption that should "definitely be #2." It's a close call, and China is a long ways off from competing with naval and air power. They have ASBM but that would automatically lead to full blown ICBM exchanges.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Not when our naval and air power makes them look pathetic.

Russia's air power is also superior to China. Land based weapons is completely one sided in favor of Russia. China however has 2 things on it's side: Manpower and purchasing power. In terms of Naval strength, I'd say Russia and China are fairly an even match considering I still don't think that China has ever gotten their aircraft carrier working. In terms of resources, Russia wins that hands down.

So I disagree with the assumption that should "definitely be #2." It's a close call, and China is a long ways off from competing with naval and air power. They have ASBM but that would automatically lead to full blown ICBM exchanges.

I agree with you there, however. the manpower of China is a lot in army standards, when they go out in war, they are given 1 rifle, and 2 rounds. And a knife.

My point being is that their army isn't very good in combat standards.

I agree with you there, however. the manpower of China is a lot in army standards, when they go out in war, they are given 1 rifle, and 2 rounds. And a knife.

I doubt they would let their army exist like that.

I doubt they would let their army exist like that.

Guns aren't made over there, they're not permitted in the country at all. Therefore, their equipped with little supplies.

Well I wouldn't say they are quite like the Soviets in WW2, but I'd be surprised if they had (on hand) enough equipment to fight a full scale war with another superpower assuming it all exploded right now. Plus, China hasn't fought a war in modern times, so they lack experience.

Guns aren't made over there, they're not permitted in the country at all. Therefore, their equipped with little supplies.

All sorts of guns are made by China. Including but not limited to: Type 56, Type 95, Type 03, etc. China makes shit tons of guns, including their very own designs.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Lol, you have a source for this? Their army was not even that ill-equipped during the Korean war. China does have a lot of inefficiencies, but it isn't all the same down the board. For one, just because the populace of China is not allowed to own fire arms does not mean the Chinese government does not have or produce small arms. Because they do, as Fox Fire just pointed out.

As for infantry quality itself, some areas of training and equipment are better than others. Just like we have more specialized troops so does China, and just like we have lower quality areas so does China. Their military isn't a million homeless people and a handful of T-34's.

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Lol, you have a source for this? Their army was not even that ill-equipped during the Korean war. China does have a lot of inefficiencies, but it isn't all the same down the board. For one, just because the populace of China is not allowed to own fire arms does not mean the Chinese government does not have or produce small arms. Because they do, as Fox Fire just pointed out.

Now I want to move to China, work in a gun factory, steal a gun, then do the rest. ;) 

#guncontrolworks

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png